Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

don't understand shipping insurance....help!

Wikiposts

don't understand shipping insurance....help!

Old May 28th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Clangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud of
Default don't understand shipping insurance....help!

Ok - I'm being real dumb here, or just don't get it all....but I'm struggling and wondering if I should just stick with the shippers insurance or go another route....but can't tell which is beter - I just DONT get it all.....(too much else on my plate!) I'm estimating my total value of goods = $10,000.

I'm shipping with Allied from California to UK, and going with their insurance, basically as I haven't time to research, and did hear back from Lettons Percival, after recommendations on this site - but found it all too confusing....Lettons were were quoting from California to UK is £2.00% based on the total replacement value in Sterling of the consignment. The policy is subject to an excess of either £100 each & every claim incident or 1% of the total consignment whichever is the greater subject to a maximum excess of £250.

Allied is a minimum premium of £25.00 applicable to our insurance cover.
Insurance is purchased for the shipment through Allied International at a cost of $25.00 per each $1,000 of declared value. The insurance cost will be based upon your total declared value total, and will be collected when the items are brought into storage. That insurance purchase will cover your goods for up to 90 days while in storage. If the storage duration is more than 90 days, an additional charge of $3.00 per each $1,000 of declared value will be assessed monthly beyond 90 days.
(EXAMPLE: Declared Value is $10,000, insurance cost is $250 which covers up to 90 days of storage, and transportation. If extra month(s) of storage beyond 90 days is required, added monthly cost would be $30.)

Can anyone clarify????

sorry....