Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

don't think I can take any more.....

don't think I can take any more.....

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:33 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: don't think I can take any more.....

Wasn't it some town in New Zealand which blasted out songs by Val Doonican/Englebert Humperdinck or some other old crooner to keep the local youths from hanging around a shopping centre and generally causing a nuisance. It worked too!

Maybe you could do the same....or play some opera or some nice 'soothing' classical music, Strauss, Vivaldi that kind of thing and give your neighbours a taste of their own medicine (and you of course will be wearing some noise cancelling headphones!)

Actually...just found a link...it was Barry Manilow...

http://uppitywoman08.wordpress.com/2...barry-manilow/

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 2nd 2009 at 8:36 pm. Reason: added a comment
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: don't think I can take any more.....

{{{hugs}}} Calendar and big red pen work wonders!

You could try belting out Brahms or something like that at full bore - music is supposed to soothe the savage breast (or, in your case, beast).

Hang in there, it will be fine, honest!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

thanks again everyone - your replies have really cheered me up!! you've made some great suggestions but unfortunately it looks like i will be stuck with it. our furniture went in the container last week so we would need a furnished rental and there are none available for the whole 10 weeks now that the pre xmas/summer holiday season is upon us. the landlord gave us the the typical "laid back" australian repsone of "get over it"

can't go with hubby as the kids have school and we dont have the money to pay for us all.

funny what some have said about the music though - we used to live next to a pair of geriatric rockers who played soft rock like Foreigner (I wanna know what love is) fulll blast constantly. and they dresssed the part too although in their late 70s!! but they were quite sweet with it so it didnt seem so bad.

so its down to positive thinking and a don't let the bar stewards get you down approach. i am going to plan a few nights away at friends over the next few weekends - at least that will be a few nights reprieve and can look forward to some sleep. and we have decided to have 2 days in a hotel at xmas instead of buying presents which we would need to ship back anyway.

and i am definately going to phone the police and alert them to the dodgy dealings (think it might be drugs) - but will wait until the day before we go as dont want to be stabbed or the house set on fire!! all feels better once a plan is in place. thanks again for the support
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merleoberon
thanks again everyone - your replies have really cheered me up!! you've made some great suggestions but unfortunately it looks like i will be stuck with it. our furniture went in the container last week so we would need a furnished rental and there are none available for the whole 10 weeks now that the pre xmas/summer holiday season is upon us. the landlord gave us the the typical "laid back" australian repsone of "get over it"

can't go with hubby as the kids have school and we dont have the money to pay for us all.

funny what some have said about the music though - we used to live next to a pair of geriatric rockers who played soft rock like Foreigner (I wanna know what love is) fulll blast constantly. and they dresssed the part too although in their late 70s!! but they were quite sweet with it so it didnt seem so bad.

so its down to positive thinking and a don't let the bar stewards get you down approach. i am going to plan a few nights away at friends over the next few weekends - at least that will be a few nights reprieve and can look forward to some sleep. and we have decided to have 2 days in a hotel at xmas instead of buying presents which we would need to ship back anyway.

and i am definately going to phone the police and alert them to the dodgy dealings (think it might be drugs) - but will wait until the day before we go as dont want to be stabbed or the house set on fire!! all feels better once a plan is in place. thanks again for the support
Old rockers playing "I wanna know what love is"?You'd think they'd know at their age right?Sorry giggly mood today lol
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Old rockers playing "I wanna know what love is"?You'd think they'd know at their age right?Sorry giggly mood today lol
Or play the Gregorian Chants for the drug dealing yahoos
Yoong
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yoong
Or play the Gregorian Chants for the drug dealing yahoos
Yoong
Or Bjork's "Its all so quiet"?lol
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Just hang in there, not long now until your release date and soon you’ll be back home in the UK.

If it makes you feel better, change the time into hours.... you said 10 weeks... which in reality is only 70 days, which is only 1680 HOURS until you go home. See, saying "Just over 16 hundred hours until I go home" sounds better

Hang in there and just keep thinking of how great your Christmas will be.

Good luck
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:38 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by canadaeh
Just hang in there, not long now until your release date and soon you’ll be back home in the UK.

If it makes you feel better, change the time into hours.... you said 10 weeks... which in reality is only 70 days, which is only 1680 HOURS until you go home. See, saying "Just over 16 hundred hours until I go home" sounds better

Hang in there and just keep thinking of how great your Christmas will be.

Good luck

This sounds just like my daughter who has a chart with the number of lessons she has left at school marked on it. Every evening she comes home and crosses out another 6 or 7 with a bright red marker pen! Every weekend she works out how many minutes/seconds she has left at school too. Good maths practice I guess.....