Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

don't think I can take any more.....

don't think I can take any more.....

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy don't think I can take any more.....

its just over 2 months until we fly back and I think i am going to be severely depressed by the time we leave for england. had planned to enjoy the last few months and enjoy the weather before it gets too hot. also being vain, planned to get a bit of a tan too make myself look better on return (shocking and I know I shouldnt be doing it). but life here is just so sh*t at the moment i just want to leave NOW!!

we've had the neighbours from hell move in next door and its really getting us down. they are so rough and always shouting and swearing. cars coming and going all through the night - doing the tyre screeching thing as they leave. i don't think we've slept through the night for about a month and I am normally a heavy sleeper. had friends over yesterday and had to go indoors as sitting in the garden was awful - listening to their crap music, shouting and swearing and then making comments about us and laughing. like being back in school. hubby tried to have a quiet word about the cars and the noise but just got sent away with a warning not to get involved. they are well dodgy and i have just said to him, lets just ignore it as we've only got about 10 more weeks so we dont want any trouble.

every day is just bringing me down. and we dont have a lot of money to get away for the weekend or anything. i've stopped working now as well so am in all day and just getting more depressed. then to cap it all hubby tells me tonight that he's got to go over east with work for a week so i wont even have him to moan too - and it does worry me being alone at night with them next door.

I know no-one can do anything but just feel the need to offload - sorry.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:19 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: don't think I can take any more.....

I'm so sorry. That sort of thing can really get a person down.

Bev
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:30 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear it does sound dreadful. Can you pull forward the leaving date in any way?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried wearing earplugs at night so you can sleep better?Not very sexy I know but might be worth a shot?Atleast you do have a light at the end of the tunnel,it could be worse!Have you tried ringing the cops when its noisy?When I was much younger I dated a guy in a heavy metal band.Every night (and day sometimes)we would party on down,the house would be full of people,stereo blaring,people shouting,singing and god knows what else and this was in suburbia!!!We did get a few visits from the cops every now and then,who told us to keep it down.God it makes me cringe now,the poor neighbours!I bet they were glad when we moved out!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the replies guys. we cant move the going back date as flights already paid for etc but mainly as hubby is on a contract that he needs to see out or else will lose his end bonus. with it being xmas, i wouldnt want to go back and leave him here on his own unless it was life or death - which it isn't yet!!

have tried earplugs but you can still here the noise even wearing them - with no double glazing and the street being a few feet away from the bedroom, the noise gets through - plus the whole place is lit up and the light shines through the windows. have thought of moving rooms but its not fair to put the kids in that room either as they need their sleep.

did think about the police but now hubby has approached, too scared to as they will probably know it was us and they really do look scary dodgy - not just bogans.

i feel better even just for discussing it. and every time morning comes i can tell myself that its another day closer to escaping - pity the others in the cul de sac who will have to put up with it indefinately. its quiet at the moment so think i will at least try to get some sleep . thanks again guys
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Hampshire - Brisbane - Staffordshire and soon Devon :)
SouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud of

I really sympathise with you. The last houseshare I was in before returning had neighbours from hell too.. they loved playing 80s music at full volume, shouting and swearing, and of course never stayed in their house but took it into the yard. I had to close the windows because the smell of pot made me feel ill.. I used to like 80s stuff but I swear if I ever hear Come on Eileen again I'm gonna flip When you can't sleep perhaps put on some headphones, crank up the volume of your favourite music to drown out theirs, have a glass or three of vino (or your favourite tipple) and remind yourself that you'll soon be out of there! Good luck
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:48 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SouthernGal_67
I really sympathise with you. The last houseshare I was in before returning had neighbours from hell too.. they loved playing 80s music at full volume, shouting and swearing, and of course never stayed in their house but took it into the yard. I had to close the windows because the smell of pot made me feel ill.. I used to like 80s stuff but I swear if I ever hear Come on Eileen again I'm gonna flip When you can't sleep perhaps put on some headphones, crank up the volume of your favourite music to drown out theirs, have a glass or three of vino (or your favourite tipple) and remind yourself that you'll soon be out of there! Good luck
If you ever find out the words to come on eileen other than come on eileen them let me know.
I used to take a travel rug to the park and sit and read a book when the neighbours started their music and barbies. The mother hit the son in law over the head with a beer bottle and shoved him backwards onto the barbie so his hair caught on fire. That was one of the more subdued incidents.

I live in gimmer town now so it's great except I have to introduce myself to the same person every day. Society would be great without people but that drug/booze/party type will always be with us in every country, every town.
Yes pot smells as disgusting as the people who sell it and use it - and that comes from an ex ferret keeper.

Last edited by exvj; Nov 2nd 2009 at 4:07 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:03 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: don't think I can take any more.....

Just a quick thought:

Is there any way that you can make an early Christmas pressie request (eg. from your spouse or rellies back home in the UK?). This is what you could ask for to use now to save your sanity and for your long-haul flight back to the UK:

I once gave my husband a gift of those noise-cancelling headphones (the brand is 'Bose') which are brilliant and really do shut out the noise - and now I steal it from him when I fly lol! It's funny when the flight attendant is trying to ask me what I'd like to eat or drink and I'm oblivious as I can't hear them at all....the headphone even cuts out the sound of babies screaming onboard. Quite a few companies now offer noise-cancelling headphones eg. Bose, Sennheiser, Sony:

The Sony Australia website has these:

http://www.sony.com.au/product/Compa...models=MDR-NC7

(they also have a couple of more expensive noise-cancelling headphones but they are AUD $500-600)

Or if your spouse is good with technical/electronic type handiwork then he may even be able to make you some!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/548578...ating_headset/

Good luck!

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 2nd 2009 at 4:05 pm. Reason: typo
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Hampshire - Brisbane - Staffordshire and soon Devon :)
SouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by exvj
If you ever find out the words to come on eileen other than come on eileen them let me know.

Seeing you asked here you go http://www.lyrics007.com/Dexy%27s%20...%20Lyrics.html Now i'm humming it

I used to take a travel rug to the park and sit and read a book when the neighbours started their music and barbies. The mother hit the son in law over the head with a beer bottle and shoved him backwards onto the barbie so his hair caught on fire. That was one of the more subdued incidents.

That's terrible, but I couldn't help but laugh visualising it.. the way some people are just cracks me up, the ludicrosy of it

I live in gimmer town now so it's great except I have to introduce myself to the same person every day.

Society would be great without people but that drug/booze/party type will always be with us in every country, every town.

That's true unfortunately. I don't begrudge anyone having a party and a fun time, but in a way that's considerate to others

Yes pot smells as disgusting as the people who sell it and use it - and that comes from an ex ferret keeper.

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Dam now that song is stuck in my head too.
Have you complained to the rental company, the landlord, or anyone else who's part of the renting of the house to you or the neighbors. Maybe you can get out of the lease and move to an apartment for the duration, might be worth it to get some sleep.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:21 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Wait until nightfall when their partying is slowing and their kids are going to bed - and then play boom boom boom shake-shake-shake the room at a billion decibels. It will loosen your fillings too but it will be worth it.

or even worse - 'Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please'
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

or even that annoying chicken song!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by shelley748
or even that annoying chicken song!!!
Nelly the elephant !
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
Nelly the elephant !
Puff the magic dragon!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by merleoberon
its just over 2 months until we fly back and I think i am going to be severely depressed by the time we leave for england. had planned to enjoy the last few months and enjoy the weather before it gets too hot. also being vain, planned to get a bit of a tan too make myself look better on return (shocking and I know I shouldnt be doing it). but life here is just so sh*t at the moment i just want to leave NOW!!

we've had the neighbours from hell move in next door and its really getting us down. they are so rough and always shouting and swearing. cars coming and going all through the night - doing the tyre screeching thing as they leave. i don't think we've slept through the night for about a month and I am normally a heavy sleeper. had friends over yesterday and had to go indoors as sitting in the garden was awful - listening to their crap music, shouting and swearing and then making comments about us and laughing. like being back in school. hubby tried to have a quiet word about the cars and the noise but just got sent away with a warning not to get involved. they are well dodgy and i have just said to him, lets just ignore it as we've only got about 10 more weeks so we dont want any trouble.

every day is just bringing me down. and we dont have a lot of money to get away for the weekend or anything. i've stopped working now as well so am in all day and just getting more depressed. then to cap it all hubby tells me tonight that he's got to go over east with work for a week so i wont even have him to moan too - and it does worry me being alone at night with them next door.

I know no-one can do anything but just feel the need to offload - sorry.
Is there any way that you can go with your husband when he goes away for a week working? You might end up stuck in a hotel room all day but its got to be better than staying at home alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.