Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Don't forget your kites. Britain is getting warmer and windier

Don't forget your kites. Britain is getting warmer and windier

Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:13 pm
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice
Default Don't forget your kites. Britain is getting warmer and windier

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...climate107.xml

Some great windy days over the last few years which is great if you like sailboarding and flying kites.
Also noticed that the sun seems to shine alot more than when I was here a decade ago....so it ain't all bad weather wise folks
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don't forget your kites. Britain is getting warmer and windier

Originally Posted by guest5234 View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...climate107.xml

Some great windy days over the last few years which is great if you like sailboarding and flying kites.
Also noticed that the sun seems to shine alot more than when I was here a decade ago....so it ain't all bad weather wise folks
Kite packed...fishing rods packed...bikes packed and just can't wait to get back!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I know the summer in UK was really crap last year, but just look at Brisbane's weather this year....unpredictable!!!

I have a kite and i shall be flying it on my return. I just can't wait
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:56 pm
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz View Post
I know the summer in UK was really crap last year, but just look at Brisbane's weather this year....unpredictable!!!

I have a kite and i shall be flying it on my return. I just can't wait
Last year had it's moments and was still quite warm, the year before was a cracker and seemed to go on for about 8 months anyway all that rain makes it such a green and pleasent land.

Last edited by guest5234; Jan 9th 2008 at 1:00 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:23 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Last year had it's moments and was still quite warm, the year before was a cracker and seemed to go on for about 8 months anyway all that rain makes it such a green and pleasent land.
Funny... if you were emigrating, last summer was awful. Now your back, it wasnt that bad!

If you were a duck it was a fabulous summer
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Londonuck View Post
Funny... if you were emigrating, last summer was awful. Now your back, it wasnt that bad!

If you were a duck it was a fabulous summer

I love the seasons in th UK and last year was not that wet, just cloudy and warm never missed a game of golf because it was raining...and I play 3 times a week
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:49 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was surprised how mild it was in the UK over Xmas. Just a fleece hoodie most days (which was shame cos I took my flash cashmere coat )
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Triboy View Post
I was surprised how mild it was in the UK over Xmas. Just a fleece hoodie most days (which was shame cos I took my flash cashmere coat )
yeh, we dont have the winters of years ago but a lot of -5 to -8 nights in the cotswolds with loads of sunny frosty days which I love
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

I love the seasons in th UK and last year was not that wet, just cloudy and warm never missed a game of golf because it was raining...and I play 3 times a week
Not that wet? It rained just about every day. Out town flooded and people's chairs were floating down the road.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tableland View Post
Not that wet? It rained just about every day. Out town flooded and people's chairs were floating down the road.
Flash floods yes, the rain came in very torrentional short blasts. but if you look overall the 2007 summer was not that wet, especially in the Midlands
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Flash floods yes, the rain came in very torrentional short blasts. but if you look overall the 2007 summer was not that wet, especially in the Midlands
You must live in a totally different britain to my family because they said it was the worst year for weather they can remember. My Dads golf (also plays a few times a week) was cancelled on numerous occasions as the course was closed due to waterlogging.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tableland View Post

No problem getting a seat then.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
You must live in a totally different britain to my family because they said it was the worst year for weather they can remember. My Dads golf (also plays a few times a week) was cancelled on numerous occasions as the course was closed due to waterlogging.
ahhhh come on, you know what old folk are like for making a moutain out of a mole-hill, last year I did not miss one game because of the rain...anyway it makes the country such a green and pleasant land anyway
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:48 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

For the love of God, think of the ducks,,,,the ducks I say
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:51 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

You reminded me of a lovely day out with my 6yr old niece back in September. I took her kite flying with her dad. Was a lovely day. I had never done it before.
As fpr the seasonal weather, i love it, and juat because one area has a bad bout doesnt mean ALL of UK gets it. Thats the beauty of UK. 4 seasons in one day sometimes..lol
Give me the changeability over monotonous sweaty heat any day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.