Dogs help needed

Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs help needed

Originally Posted by sans
When i was trying to get my cats from Vancouver Island, i was ringing round everywhere stressing out because both me and tajnet were told that zoom had stopped flying and she needed to get her dogs back to Carlise from Saskatchewen
And they where the only pet carriers flying from Vancouver to Manchester and London was just too far to travel to Nrth Linc's with 3 cats......I rang Defra and was told to ring PETS as they were the ones that dealt with it all.

They informed me that it was down to the airlines to buy a licence to fly the animals in....not down to defra.
And then she told me to get a flight to europe and then a flight from Europe to the UK.....And they are suppose to be concerned with the animals welfare

As it happened Zoom was still flying, but i had to use ladyhayes with them, who did nothing but send me emails and book the cats into cargo and then billed me £1500

Tajnet used Boomerang in Calgary and they did everything for her, vets paper work the lot.....
I'm confused as I thought DEFRA called the shots when it came down to taking pets into the UK.

I've said on here before...if I had to fly my small dogs to the UK I would fly Air France to Paris...that way I could take them in the cabin with me. Then I would take them by rail/road to the UK.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:16 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm confused as I thought DEFRA called the shots when it came down to taking pets into the UK.

I've said on here before...if I had to fly my small dogs to the UK I would fly Air France to Paris...that way I could take them in the cabin with me. Then I would take them by rail/road to the UK.
Defra is the main body, but PETS is the department that deals with bringing them back in....I use to have a direct number for them, but it was on another computer...

Dogs on the whole are better travellers then cats and of course its easier to take them out for a P
My 3 cats are semi long haired and get lathered in P&P within an hr of travelling and you need some pretty good earmuffs too
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

I can actually take my dogs on in the cabin to france wow. Any more info would be great.

What about paper work.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
I can actually take my dogs on in the cabin to france wow. Any more info would be great.

What about paper work.
Check with Air France...you used to be able to. They normally have to weigh not more than 10lbs.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Check with Air France...you used to be able to. They normally have to weigh not more than 10lbs.
I wonder what papers I would need.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
I wonder what papers I would need.
You probably have to get the dog examined by a vet as fit to travel...check with the airline. If you want to travel to the UK from a Euro country you will need a PETS PP...look at the DEFRA website for details.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is where it gets complicated because I had passports done before we left the UK. Unfortunately the vet missed a stamp so the passports were in valid. I have since then had new blood tests done and they can travel from april their 6 months is up but I have to apply for an export licence which is so complicated.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Back to UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Think this is really important - Air Transat do fly Animals to and from the UK, although they use agents. For Example coming to Toronto, we were forced to use Ladyhaye, the dog then travelled on the same Air Transat flight as my Mother in Law

Originally Posted by ann m
From the Air Transat website

"United Kingdom
No animals accepted on flights to or from the U.K."