Dogs help needed

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all
Default Dogs help needed

I have two small dogs to take back to the UK one 3.5lb the other less than 10lb one older. I have tried the QM2 but they are full. If I wanted to drive from vancouver to troronto how long would the drive take. I thought I might do this so they had a shorter flight time.
Thanks.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:28 pm
6 weeks to return home

Andy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really nice
Default Re: Dogs help needed

Hi,
I am in the same boat as you, but living in Nova Scotia. I have a Golden Retriever who is 10 years, but staying here until June so he does not have to go in dreaded quaranteen in the UK.

It would take me about 18 hours to drive to Toronto from Halifax in Nova Scotia.

What airline are you using to fly your dogs back to the UK.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

I just don't know yet calling around at the moment so any advice would be welcome.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:54 am
6 weeks to return home

Andy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really niceAndy--UK BOUND is just really nice

I called air Canada last week, based on the size of my dog, it was quoted as $1700 one way
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Zap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
I have two small dogs to take back to the UK one 3.5lb the other less than 10lb one older. I have tried the QM2 but they are full. If I wanted to drive from vancouver to troronto how long would the drive take. I thought I might do this so they had a shorter flight time.
Thanks.
it is about 4,500km or approximately 40 hours non-stop driving...three days of driving is the norm but with stopping to get the dogs fed and watered etc. weather issues it could take as much as five days.......I think that the flight is around 6hrs to Toronto from Van. You might want to consider having a flight with a stop-over. Fly to Toronto...have some down time in Toronto and then do the second leg a day or two later.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
With dogs that weight you may be able to take them in the cabin if you are flying to another Canadian airport...the same applies to some Euro countries. That's one of the options I will consider...probably fly to Paris.

The weight restriction is normally 10 lb and limited to one pet per person.

I have a 3.5 lb long haired Chi (3 yrs) and a 15 lb Cavalier (10 yrs).

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 25th 2009 at 2:42 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I better not tell my daughter that you have a 3.5lb dog she will be after it.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Nicw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi, have you considered contacting a pet relocation company? I know they can cost but they do normally have good relationships with airlines and they can save you alot of hassle with airlines, permits, pre flight checks & quarantine advice. I have been using a pet relocation company in Australia ("Jet Pets") for many years and always found them to be worth the additional spend in terms of reduced stress. Good luck !
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking to DEFRA this morning as from yesterday Thomas Cook can now fly pets to Gatwick.
But will check out relocation companies as its a good idea.

Last edited by woodywoodside; Feb 25th 2009 at 10:39 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:25 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ...another poster last yr used these to get her 2 dogs home and she only had good things to say about their service...... http://www.boomerangpetcarrier.com/

You might also find Air-Transat are still flying pets.....

Ps It took some finding

http://www.airtransat.com/en/4_2_6.asp

Last edited by sans; Feb 26th 2009 at 8:47 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

From the Air Transat website

"United Kingdom
No animals accepted on flights to or from the U.K."

Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
From the Air Transat website

"United Kingdom
No animals accepted on flights to or from the U.K."

You must use a DEFRA designated airline and use a DEFRA designated route to the UK. Obviously Air Transit aren't a designated airline...try others.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:22 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

You carn't rely on that information on the site it doesn't get up dated regularly .

It says animals are not transported too or from UK...but i know for a fact people are taking their animals from the UK to Canada using Air-transat.

Best if who ever wants to know for sure, rings the cargo area up and defra...

Its a dam site cheaper with air-transat then any of the others and they have now lost zoom...which was one of the defra recognised carriers...
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by sans
You carn't rely on that information on the site it doesn't get up dated regularly .

It says animals are not transported too or from UK...but i know for a fact people are taking their animals from the UK to Canada using Air-transat.

Best if who ever wants to know for sure, rings the cargo area up and defra...

Its a dam site cheaper with air-transat then any of the others and they have now lost zoom...which was one of the defra recognised carriers...
They may have been dropped as a carrier by DEFRA.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:02 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They may have been dropped as a carrier by DEFRA.
When i was trying to get my cats from Vancouver Island, i was ringing round everywhere stressing out because both me and tajnet were told that zoom had stopped flying and she needed to get her dogs back to Carlise from Saskatchewen
And they where the only pet carriers flying from Vancouver to Manchester and London was just too far to travel to Nrth Linc's with 3 cats......I rang Defra and was told to ring PETS as they were the ones that dealt with it all.

They informed me that it was down to the airlines to buy a licence to fly the animals in....not down to defra.
And then she told me to get a flight to europe and then a flight from Europe to the UK.....And they are suppose to be concerned with the animals welfare

As it happened Zoom was still flying, but i had to use ladyhayes with them, who did nothing but send me emails and book the cats into cargo and then billed me £1500

Tajnet used Boomerang in Calgary and they did everything for her, vets paper work the lot.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.