Wikiposts

Doggy Question?

Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doggy Question?

When you take a dog back to the UK ( From Aus) does it have a period in quarantine or is it straight off the plane and all good?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:27 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doggy Question?

Originally Posted by kporte
When you take a dog back to the UK ( From Aus) does it have a period in quarantine or is it straight off the plane and all good?
You have to get the dog a pet passport. This requires jabs and tests done at the vets. You then have to wait 6mths. Once this is up and the last tests are good your dog can fly straight into UK.
Our pooch arrived 2 days after us and was let straight out at Heathrow. They even gave her a bath and blow dry lol
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
You have to get the dog a pet passport. This requires jabs and tests done at the vets. You then have to wait 6mths. Once this is up and the last tests are good your dog can fly straight into UK.
Our pooch arrived 2 days after us and was let straight out at Heathrow. They even gave her a bath and blow dry lol
Sounds good, lot less hassle than I thought, thanks Flea x
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:38 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, lot less hassle than I thought, thanks Flea x
Are you going back then?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Are you going back then?
Where to begin? Marriage has failed and am considering going back. Don't really want to but feel a bit lost and am looking at options.... Who the f**k knows? At least I'd have family in Scotland......
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:02 am
I don't give a damn

Where to begin? Marriage has failed and am considering going back. Don't really want to but feel a bit lost and am looking at options.... Who the f**k knows? At least I'd have family in Scotland......
Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that.

For what its worth, at times like this it is usually goood to be with those who "know" you. We all need emotional support through tough times.
Couldnt you go back for a year or so and see how you feel later on?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:10 am
Account Closed

Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that.

For what its worth, at times like this it is usually goood to be with those who "know" you. We all need emotional support through tough times.
Couldnt you go back for a year or so and see how you feel later on?
It's all been quite sudden, not my choice really. She was kinda part of the deal here and the thought of being here without her seems a bit crap.... I only want the dog I have made really good friends here and they are being fabulous but I am a bit scared now if truth be told, and grasping for the familiar. There are other issues too, but I feel so inept... Things WERE going so well here and I am(was) happy here. At least the dog loves me!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Here is the UK Government site which may help, just make sure all the paperwork is in order:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pet...avel/index.htm

I have realised that it is costing more to ship my cat than it is my wife but I suppose it is a question of priorities.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with the dog issue kporte but very sorry to hear your news.I think before I made a permanant move back I would probably have a holiday back here first just to make sure its what you want.You may just get your "fix"of support and head back to Oz.I did this the other way around.My OH had to validate his visa for Oz last May.At the time it seemed a nuisance but in reality it made our minds up to stay here(UK).Just a thought thats all!Good luck to you and just for the record I love your posts!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:16 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Wiki on BE that describes the whole process. Expect to pay the equivalent of about £2,000 for everything, depending on whether you use an independent company to deal with things for you.

Wiki address is here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Shippi...Back_to_the_UK
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:23 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Well if that bothers you you could always go and stay with Ray
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 8:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
Well if that bothers you you could always go and stay with Ray
Does Ray have a spare room and more impotantly, does he like dogs? The dog is Mexican/Australian so she'd probably get the room with the Scotchy in the kennel
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Can't help with the dog issue kporte but very sorry to hear your news.I think before I made a permanant move back I would probably have a holiday back here first just to make sure its what you want.You may just get your "fix"of support and head back to Oz.I did this the other way around.My OH had to validate his visa for Oz last May.At the time it seemed a nuisance but in reality it made our minds up to stay here(UK).Just a thought thats all!Good luck to you and just for the record I love your posts!
Whilst I've never really missed the UK here, I have no problems with the thought of going back. Somehow the thought of starting again seems easier there.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to hear that mate, I truly hope all works out for you.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that and wish you all the best. I did notice that your posts seemed to take a different direction a while back. Sounds like you're staying positive so that's a good thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.