Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

doggy passed his blood test, horray

doggy passed his blood test, horray

Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:29 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default doggy passed his blood test, horray

my pooch has today had his ok for rtn to uk!! horray and what a relief, it says on the letter that blood taken 31st jan so therefore can travel/enter uk on or after 31st july, is this right? i mean can we therefore put him on a flight out of here on the 31st ? getting myself a bit confused as with the time differences, i presume as long as its 31st oz time, he will be ok?

sorry i think im being a dip
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:21 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: doggy passed his blood test, horray

Originally Posted by mandtooz
my pooch has today had his ok for rtn to uk!! horray and what a relief, it says on the letter that blood taken 31st jan so therefore can travel/enter uk on or after 31st july, is this right? i mean can we therefore put him on a flight out of here on the 31st ? getting myself a bit confused as with the time differences, i presume as long as its 31st oz time, he will be ok?

Congrats on getting through the first phase! You can breathe easy for another 4 months or so ... not much else to do (except book dog's flight) until about one month prior to departure.

Yes, it's 6 months from when the blood test was drawn. I'm not sure exactly about different time zones, partial days, etc., so to be sure if I were you I'd not try to leave exactly at 6 months - add a couple of days or so.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:03 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dunroving
Congrats on getting through the first phase! You can breathe easy for another 4 months or so ... not much else to do (except book dog's flight) until about one month prior to departure.

Yes, it's 6 months from when the blood test was drawn. I'm not sure exactly about different time zones, partial days, etc., so to be sure if I were you I'd not try to leave exactly at 6 months - add a couple of days or so.

brilliant thanks for that.

one more thing, it says on letter from vet to get a notice of intention to export 10days prior to flying, where do i go to get this? im planning on diy the flight

Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:10 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there - bet you are so releived now. Just double check the dates though before you book as we were told 6 months from the date of the blood test. Ours were done on the 7th Aug, so we thought they could fly 7th Feb - we were going to do it ourselves and then changed our minds. When we contacted Jet Pets, they told us is isn't 6 months, it's so many days. Maybe you could call them to get a quote and just ask the question so that you are certain before you book everything. Good luck with it all - my doggies arrive home today and we are just so excited - we've got their leads all ready and waiting
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:15 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Hi there - bet you are so releived now. Just double check the dates though before you book as we were told 6 months from the date of the blood test. Ours were done on the 7th Aug, so we thought they could fly 7th Feb - we were going to do it ourselves and then changed our minds. When we contacted Jet Pets, they told us is isn't 6 months, it's so many days. Maybe you could call them to get a quote and just ask the question so that you are certain before you book everything. Good luck with it all - my doggies arrive home today and we are just so excited - we've got their leads all ready and waiting

oh wow, i bet u are so excited.

im confused though, i thought it was 6 months, my letter from vet says ok 31st july, but he had his bloods, 31st jan - um better check that! i will email perhaps defra? not sure who else!

where have your dogs been since you arrived back, where did you leave them? only asking cause we wondering bout leaving the week or so before him to arrange rental etc back home
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:41 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant thanks for that.

one more thing, it says on letter from vet to get a notice of intention to export 10days prior to flying, where do i go to get this? im planning on diy the flight

I'm not sure whether export regs are different in Oz (I returned from US), but best thing is to contact an exporter (either a company who'll take care of the whole thing, if you intend to go that route, or the airline). The British Airways person in the US was fantastic. Make sure you call cargo (don't just ask a regular ticket agent) and they should put you through to the animal export expert. They deal with this stuff every day of the year and will have all the right answers.

As for the 6 months vs. certain number of days, must say I have never heard of that before.

Oh yes, also - DEFRA Helpline people are fantastic.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:46 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

That's fab news!!

You can officially start ticking the days off on your calander now...you lucky girl!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:06 am
going home!!

thanks guys, i feel a weight lifted, and im sure alot of the weight was self induced worry, out of shear desperation, lol

i would normally have a curry in these circumstances, but takeaways are tripe! so bottle of red will have to do!

onwards with the flights now
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:14 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

so bottle of red will have to do!

I think that is a very good substitue sweetie darling. Especially a nice Merlot!!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:18 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I think that is a very good substitue sweetie darling. Especially a nice Merlot!!!

im a shiraz girl meself!

but not as satisfying as a good curry

sad arnt i?!!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Look here for AQIS regs re notice of intention to export;

http://www.daff.gov.au/content/outpu...CAD6D86454A753

It links to a list of accredited vets.

'Your dog or cat may not enter the UK under PETS until six calendar months have passed from the date that your vet took the blood sample which led to a satisfactory test result (see below). Once the vet has issued the PETS documentation and that six month period has passed, the PETS documentation is valid for your pet to enter the UK.' from DEFRA ( http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...res/owners.htm )

The number of days debate I think was started by export co.s worried about the same point, however check with your agent of choice and go with their goalposts. If going alone go with DEFRAs quoted line, or follow Dunroving's advice and go to 'the horses mouth'. Remember to ask them what happens in leap years - always a helpful debating point.

Unless the new stratospheric plane technology emerges in the next few months, you will not make it back to the UK from OZ on the 'day before'; timezone difference is not a concern ( at best it will be approx +14hrs Oz departure time in the UK.)
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:17 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Great news, bet your relieved! We have anothe three months before our kitty can come over from Spain. We have a cat keeps coming to our door, don't know who it belongs to but given half a chance it would be in like a shot! Our daughter has fallen in love with it but I keep telling her Katie won't like it when she comes over, bit of a scrapper our Katie is!

Hope your dogs have arrived safely LouiseD, bet they've missed you so much!

Sparkle
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

onwards with the flights now

Im gonna miss you Mand
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:14 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

oh wow, i bet u are so excited.

im confused though, i thought it was 6 months, my letter from vet says ok 31st july, but he had his bloods, 31st jan - um better check that! i will email perhaps defra? not sure who else!

where have your dogs been since you arrived back, where did you leave them? only asking cause we wondering bout leaving the week or so before him to arrange rental etc back home
Hi there - hope it's going ok for you. Yes the vet told us 6 months but Jetpets said not - not sure if they were trying it on with us or what but they charged us extra for keeping them in kennels in Melbourne (they arranged it all) for the extra week Jetpets were excellent though - they collected them from our house in Oz and delivered them to our doorstep in UK. After they had arrived at Heathrow, they telephoned us to say everything was fine and they were on their way up the motorway and would be with us at around 1:15. Sure enough at exactly 1:15 they arrived at the door. They were fine when they arrived and are now back exploring the lovely British countryside, something they couldn't do in Oz. Last weekend we took them up to Formby for a really long walk - they loved it, meeting all the other doggies.

Good luck with it all
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:09 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Hope all's going well for you LousieD, you sound happy!

Take care

Sparkle x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.