Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Dog Quote AB,Canada to London

Dog Quote AB,Canada to London

Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dog Quote AB,Canada to London

well we did get on quote for $3400 which to me is a little over the top
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

jenny heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

we have been quoted $1200 from ladyhaye for our shih tzu x, they have been fantastic so far....i spoke to boomerang in calgary, who quoted $2400 and i didnt like the attitude of the snotty woman on the telephone. Our dog weighs 21lb, so i thought ladyhaye was a good price
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Just a quickie We returned home form Canada with 10 German Shepherds, 3Cats , a Tortoise and a Parrot
What I can say is given the volume of pets, we needed to closely examine costings. The most cost effective way is clearly the do it yourself route. Arrange your own paperwork (the parrot and the tortoise were the most problematic for us because of cites).
Dog and cat paperwork is relatively straight forward if you have a couple of pets. Defra have a help line and you can always phone them, and they wil give you a reference number to enable you to recount specific information.
Purchase your own pet travel container, or make it to the specified requirements (ie wood type), and it really does save you a lot of money.
Once you get your head around things it's not so hard as you think
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jenny heading home
we have been quoted $1200 from ladyhaye for our shih tzu x, they have been fantastic so far....i spoke to boomerang in calgary, who quoted $2400 and i didnt like the attitude of the snotty woman on the telephone. Our dog weighs 21lb, so i thought ladyhaye was a good price
Guess where i am going next. lol Thanks for that update.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Just a quickie We returned home form Canada with 10 German Shepherds, 3Cats , a Tortoise and a Parrot
What I can say is given the volume of pets, we needed to closely examine costings. The most cost effective way is clearly the do it yourself route. Arrange your own paperwork (the parrot and the tortoise were the most problematic for us because of cites).
Dog and cat paperwork is relatively straight forward if you have a couple of pets. Defra have a help line and you can always phone them, and they wil give you a reference number to enable you to recount specific information.
Purchase your own pet travel container, or make it to the specified requirements (ie wood type), and it really does save you a lot of money.
Once you get your head around things it's not so hard as you think
I shall look into this. Thanks