British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Dog Quote AB,Canada to London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/dog-quote-ab-canada-london-754444/)

Back2UK Apr 10th 2012 4:09 pm

Dog Quote AB,Canada to London

Hi Everyone

I have just been quoted $1900 from a pet agency to fly my 4 1/2 lb dog back to the UK....that does not include the vet fees. lol That is cargo with Air Canada.

Incredible.:)

sallysimmons Apr 10th 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Dog Quote AB,Canada to London

That's less that we've had to pay to fly two cats from New York to Manchester. It's costing more to move them than to move us!

Back2UK Apr 10th 2012 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9998865)
That's less that we've had to pay to fly two cats from New York to Manchester. It's costing more to move them than to move us!

Yep 2 adults can fly back for 1/2 the price. What we do for our animals lol:)

katybluewater Apr 10th 2012 10:34 pm

I have just been quoted about $2300 to take my Retriever from DC to London - but what can you do, they are part of the family......

Back2UK Apr 10th 2012 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by katybluewater (Post 9999190)
I have just been quoted about $2300 to take my Retriever from DC to London - but what can you do, they are part of the family......

That is very true, Katy. :)

yuridog Apr 10th 2012 11:52 pm

Blimey thats steep, I am waiting on a quote from Ladyhaye to fly our 2 dogs back to UK. They did say that if we flew into Heathrow and they crated them together it would be cheaper but I have not heard back from them yet. We even looked at cruising back with them from New York to Southampton to see if that would be cheaper but there doesn't seem to be the availability.

Moggiemiss Apr 11th 2012 12:41 am

$4500 to fly back three medium sized dogs from Thunder Bay to Heathrow with Worldwide Animal Travel.

Cannot fault them thus far .... brilliant communication, very helpful and friendly.

Bear in mind that my animals have to have two tickets - TB to Toronto and then Toronto to Heathrow. Quote includes picking them up at To and checking them in for their international flights, countersignature of their documentation by a licensed Gov vet, complimentary overnight stay in To if required and all charges at Heathrow.

I know it seems expensive to travel your pets, but they are part of your family and worth every penny.

kwazywabbit Apr 11th 2012 2:32 pm

Im dreading the cost of flying my dog back! will be a 250lb St. bernard :eek:

michael rothwell Apr 11th 2012 2:34 pm

Any one flow cat back from orlando to Gatwick and who did you use also what type of microchip needed thanks

katybluewater Apr 11th 2012 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit (Post 10000308)
Im dreading the cost of flying my dog back! will be a 250lb St. bernard :eek:

Gulp ....making my eyes water and you dont have a quote yet ... brace yourself! Things we do for our pets!:)

Moggiemiss Apr 11th 2012 3:47 pm

The preferred microchip is an ISO 15 digit number but I understand that 9 and 10 digit numbers can be read by universal scanners.

Some forum members have taken their own scanner with them if their animals have the 9 and 10 digit numbers.

Heathrow and the animal transport company say there will be no problem with one of my animals who has a 9 digit number.

I did take my animals to the vet just to get them to scan their numbers for peace of mind. No cost and they were easily read.

kwazywabbit Apr 11th 2012 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by katybluewater (Post 10000401)
Gulp ....making my eyes water and you dont have a quote yet ... brace yourself! Things we do for our pets!:)

LOL I know He's huge! going to be an expensive trip! for sure the things we do for our pets :eek:

kwazywabbit Apr 11th 2012 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Back2UK (Post 9998516)
Hi Everyone

I have just been quoted $1900 from a pet agency to fly my 4 1/2 lb dog back to the UK....that does not include the vet fees. lol That is cargo with Air Canada.

Incredible.:)

If you don't mind me asking, who did you use for the quote?

Back2UK Apr 11th 2012 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit (Post 10000489)
If you don't mind me asking, who did you use for the quote?

Not at all, and they were very helpful Boomerang, Calgary.:)

kwazywabbit Apr 11th 2012 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Back2UK (Post 10000497)
Not at all, and they were very helpful Boomerang, Calgary.:)

Thanks, will have to give them a call just too see what how much it's going to be :lol: