Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

dog,london to glasgow/edinburgh

dog,london to glasgow/edinburgh

Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default dog,london to glasgow/edinburgh

hi,has anyone booked a flight from london to glasgow for their dog and if so how much?
i travel back from perth to the uk,start of october,dog will follow on at the end of the month,i don't know whether to arrange flights from here or wait till i get home and travel down to london and accompany dog back to scotland.
cheers.........
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:50 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog,london to glasgow/edinburgh

Originally Posted by fitz
hi,has anyone booked a flight from london to glasgow for their dog and if so how much?
i travel back from perth to the uk,start of october,dog will follow on at the end of the month,i don't know whether to arrange flights from here or wait till i get home and travel down to london and accompany dog back to scotland.
cheers.........
When I shipped my dog back from Atlanta to Glasgow in 2000, I seem to remember she went via Heathrow ... I remember calling the Heathrow Animal Reception Centre to check on her. I'd call them first and ask their opinion or advice.

Barring that, your dog will probably be already stressed out after the flight to Heathrow so maybe putting him/her on yet another flight may not be too good. Why not drive her back, with plenty of opportunities for rest stops? More hassle for you but less stressfu for him/her. When I came back again last July, I drover her from LHR to Manchest rather than put her on a LHR-MAN flight.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog,london to glasgow/edinburgh

I second flying into LHR and then driving the rest of the way. Rent a car, take your time and drive .....see the countryside.

We flew into Gatwick from Atlanta, rented a car and drove to Cardiff. The dog was really stressed from the flight but the car ride settled her down. Lots of hotels are Pet friendly over here so you could stop along the way for a bit of real rest.