dog costs from OZ

Old May 14th 2007, 3:56 am
dc1
Forum Regular

dc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the rough
Default dog costs from OZ

Hi,

We may be moving back to the UK could anyone out there let me know if they have taken a dog back with them?

We moved out 2 years ago and the dog came out with us so we would not leave her here.

I would like to know if anyone has idea of:-

Cost
Quarantine times / cost etc.

Thanks
Old May 14th 2007, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of
Default Re: dog costs from OZ

Originally Posted by dc1
Hi,

We may be moving back to the UK could anyone out there let me know if they have taken a dog back with them?

We moved out 2 years ago and the dog came out with us so we would not leave her here.

Cost

Thanks
Do you not have the pet passport. With this the quarantine is done in the country of departure i.e your home. Sorry don't know about the cost from Oz. I know there have been a lot of threads on this so perhaps a search would help you out. Good Luck
Old May 14th 2007, 5:41 am
dc1
Forum Regular

dc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
Do you not have the pet passport. With this the quarantine is done in the country of departure i.e your home. Sorry don't know about the cost from Oz. I know there have been a lot of threads on this so perhaps a search would help you out. Good Luck
Dont have the pet passport, thanks I will search.

Derek
Old May 14th 2007, 5:57 am
Just Joined

lozza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dc1
Hi,

Cost

Thanks
Hi we are just looking into the same thing. We have been quoted around $3000 dollars by jetpets to fly our dog from perth to manchester.This wasn't an exact figure just a rough idea. The dog needs to have a rabies vac, think they last around a year or two so if your dog had one before you came she might not need another. Once the have the inj they go for blood test a month later and then as long as they stay in this country for 6mths after blood test they don't need quarantine in Uk as far as I understand. My dog has just had rabies jab this morning and we take her back for blood test in 4wks. As we are planning to leave around Aug she will probably have to spend 3/4mths in quarantine back in the Uk.The cost for that is around 1600 pounds. If you haven't got a def date for returning get the injection and blood test done anyway. If you search the AQIS website you will find a list of vets accredited to do the necessary paperwork etc. Hope this helps.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:02 am
dc1
Forum Regular

Thanks, much appreciate that.

Derek
Old May 14th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

barkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nice

Originally Posted by lozza1
Hi we are just looking into the same thing. We have been quoted around $3000 dollars by jetpets to fly our dog from perth to manchester.This wasn't an exact figure just a rough idea. The dog needs to have a rabies vac, think they last around a year or two so if your dog had one before you came she might not need another. Once the have the inj they go for blood test a month later and then as long as they stay in this country for 6mths after blood test they don't need quarantine in Uk as far as I understand. My dog has just had rabies jab this morning and we take her back for blood test in 4wks. As we are planning to leave around Aug she will probably have to spend 3/4mths in quarantine back in the Uk.The cost for that is around 1600 pounds. If you haven't got a def date for returning get the injection and blood test done anyway. If you search the AQIS website you will find a list of vets accredited to do the necessary paperwork etc. Hope this helps.
just read your post and wondered if you had thought of doing the quarantine here as its cheaper than in the UK. 3/4 months worth is a lot of pounds but may be more cost effective leaving the dog here and having it shipped at the end of the time.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We are staying and keeping our dogs here its just costs us over $1,000 for the rabies jabs and blood tests ,plus remeber they have to have their up to date regular yearly injections as well so you might have to get them done. We were recommened Blue Cross by the vet and its deffo cheaper to quarantine them here than UK if they need to, as the kennels are bigger and of course its a lot warmer here!! we will have to do that if the house is sold sooner rather than later.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
We are staying and keeping our dogs here its just costs us over $1,000 for the rabies jabs and blood tests ,plus remeber they have to have their up to date regular yearly injections as well so you might have to get them done. We were recommened Blue Cross by the vet and its deffo cheaper to quarantine them here than UK if they need to, as the kennels are bigger and of course its a lot warmer here!! we will have to do that if the house is sold sooner rather than later.
Blue Cross are excellent, we used them when we went back to the Uk for xmas - couldn't fault them at all
Old May 14th 2007, 10:47 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dc1
Hi,

Cost

Thanks

hiya we have investigated all routes, DIY and booking direct with airline, using company etc, all quotes for large dog, male golden have varied from 3500 to 4800. Your doggy will need rabies jab, get it done asap, once vaccination you will need to wait around 3 weeks, then get your pooch blood tested. Its the date of the blood test thats imprtant, its 6 months from the blood test that you will be free to enter uk without quarantine.

quarantine can be done in oz prior to departure or in uk, cheaper to just stay here 6 months, but if you have to leave earlier then again cheaper to stay in kennels this end than uk!

make sure you use AQIS approved vet

hope this helps

Last edited by mandtooz; May 14th 2007 at 10:48 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 14th 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

That sounds expensive I have paid $75 today for rabies vac and she said its around $250 for the blood test. Are Blue Cross over here? That def sounds like a good idea as we will have to pay for heating, although if she is in Uk we can visit. Here she would be alone!! Not sure what to do now. I am sure it was easier coming out here than it is going back,saying that we didn't have a dog to bring !!!
Old May 14th 2007, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by barkingRockateer
just read your post and wondered if you had thought of doing the quarantine here as its cheaper than in the UK. 3/4 months worth is a lot of pounds but may be more cost effective leaving the dog here and having it shipped at the end of the time.
Sounds a good idea but I'm worried cos she would be all alone, don't know how she would cope she is only 7mths old. Any ideas ???
Old May 14th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds expensive I have paid $75 today for rabies vac and she said its around $250 for the blood test. Are Blue Cross over here? That def sounds like a good idea as we will have to pay for heating, although if she is in Uk we can visit. Here she would be alone!! Not sure what to do now. I am sure it was easier coming out here than it is going back,saying that we didn't have a dog to bring !!!
Blue Cross Animal Services are in Kenwick WA Tel: 9453 6265/6188
Old May 15th 2007, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

I had to get their yearly vaccines done as well!! and it was a bit more for the bigger dog (vaccine)

I wouldnt worry about leaving her here, they walk them every day and she will be fine, to a dog a week or so wont be long, they have short term memories and anyway lets be honest, they have to be looked after well in these places as its their livelyhood. We came out with one dog and she has never been away from us!! she was fine. My big softie has a blankie, that he sucks on every night, cant go anywhere without it LOL, I washed it the other day and he sulked all afternoon When I gave it back to him he dragged it through the garden door right round the house and back into the family room, obviously satisfied that it was his blanket again

Give her an old jumper, blanket whatever with your smell and hers on it, they are allowed to travel with them in their boxes as well, and some fluffy toys...
Old May 15th 2007, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Blue Cross Animal Services are in Kenwick WA Tel: 9453 6265/6188
Thanks will give them a ring.
Old May 15th 2007, 4:45 am
Just Joined

I had to get their yearly vaccines done as well!! and it was a bit more for the bigger dog (vaccine)

I wouldnt worry about leaving her here, they walk them every day and she will be fine, to a dog a week or so wont be long, they have short term memories and anyway lets be honest, they have to be looked after well in these places as its their livelyhood. We came out with one dog and she has never been away from us!! she was fine. My big softie has a blankie, that he sucks on every night, cant go anywhere without it LOL, I washed it the other day and he sulked all afternoon When I gave it back to him he dragged it through the garden door right round the house and back into the family room, obviously satisfied that it was his blanket again

Give her an old jumper, blanket whatever with your smell and hers on it, they are allowed to travel with them in their boxes as well, and some fluffy toys...
Thanks for the advice, I agree about these places looking after them well, as you say its their livliehood and with a site like this they could soon go out of business with bad publicity. I am gonna ring and have a chat with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.