Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Does one need previous school reports for entry into UK school for child?

Does one need previous school reports for entry into UK school for child?

Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does one need previous school reports for entry into UK school for child?

Things are moving pretty quick for us here and we are considering asking the principal at my kids school to leave before school officially closes end of May. My 4th grader has tests starting next week, which he will take. We want to leave maybe 3 weeks before school ends. He will be dinged for attendance which has been perfect thus far.

Do we need to show previous school reports for a child when registering for school back home?

If the principal says no then we have to reconsider.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does one need previous school reports for entry into UK school for child?

You do not need to show previous reports.

It might be helpful to take some recent work/test results etc. to give your children's new teachers some idea of what they have been doing but you don't need to take anything and they aren't going to care that they left US school early to move to the UK.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does one need previous school reports for entry into UK school for child?

My daughter is in 8th Grade and we are moving back to the UK in 4 weeks.

I informed the school that we would be leaving before Christmas and have since confirmed our moving date. I've not asked for permission from the Principal - I don't quite see how she could stop us anyway as our petition is expiring so we have to leave!

I'm taking back a copy of my daugher's current report and will also take back some work, although my daughter will be making her GCSE choices when we return and will be assessed by her new school.

I'm not clear on why you think it will be a problem that your child's US attendance record won't be 100% purely because of leaving before the school year ends. I'm in the same situation and honestly can't see why this is an issue for the UK school.
Old Apr 11th 2015, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was thinking if recent school reports are required in the U.K it would look bad with so many absences which I can explain are due move. Also GA has strict laws on truancy so telling/asking the principal would avoid any stupid actions against us. We are not on a visa that's expiring or anything just need to leave sooner than later. Hubby is American, I'm a PR, so don't want to leave any warrants for his arrest for child truency out there...lol.
Old Apr 11th 2015, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Well I was thinking if recent school reports are required in the U.K it would look bad with so many absences which I can explain are due move. Also GA has strict laws on truancy so telling/asking the principal would avoid any stupid actions against us. We are not on a visa that's expiring or anything just need to leave sooner than later. Hubby is American, I'm a PR, so don't want to leave any warrants for his arrest for child truency out there...lol.
Jesus Christ, this Georgia place you live, not the Russian one is it?
Old Apr 11th 2015, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

Page 10 of the link below (from Georgia State Education) details the procedure for withdrawing a child from school for the purposes of emigration.

https://www.gadoe.org/External-Affai...wal%20Rule.pdf

For UK schools, 100% attendance record up until the point that you leave the USA is not going to be an issue! My daughter has the same record with the exception that she seems to have managed to earn a "tardy" at some point
Old Apr 11th 2015, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Things are moving pretty quick for us here and we are considering asking the principal at my kids school to leave before school officially closes end of May. My 4th grader has tests starting next week, which he will take. We want to leave maybe 3 weeks before school ends. He will be dinged for attendance which has been perfect thus far.

Do we need to show previous school reports for a child when registering for school back home?

If the principal says no then we have to reconsider.

Why would you need the principal's permission? It isn't like the UK where the school's permission is required if a student is going to be out of school. Here the parents are in charge, not the school.
Old Apr 11th 2015, 9:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bring anything from our Dd's US school. I informed the school office that we were moving on such and such date and that was it. I gave them our forwarding address and as it happens I knew the name and address of the school she would be attending.
GA can't and won't do anything about you moving, people move about the US all the time and leave one school district for another area or state, and they have no problems.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Jesus Christ, this Georgia place you live, not the Russian one is it?

It feels like it most of the time. We will be skipping out of confinement soon!
Old Apr 14th 2015, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HartleyHare
Page 10 of the link below (from Georgia State Education) details the procedure for withdrawing a child from school for the purposes of emigration.

https://www.gadoe.org/External-Affai...wal%20Rule.pdf

For UK schools, 100% attendance record up until the point that you leave the USA is not going to be an issue! My daughter has the same record with the exception that she seems to have managed to earn a "tardy" at some point
Thanks so much this helps a lot. They put the fear of GOD literally in us
Old Apr 14th 2015, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I didn't bring anything from our Dd's US school. I informed the school office that we were moving on such and such date and that was it. I gave them our forwarding address and as it happens I knew the name and address of the school she would be attending.
GA can't and won't do anything about you moving, people move about the US all the time and leave one school district for another area or state, and they have no problems.
Thanks it looks like we are in the clear. One thing off the 'worry' list.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

Our son moved into year 10 in the UK and his new school did request his most recent school report, partly to assist with streaming and target setting, but also to ensure that his subject selections for GCSE were appropriate. As we moved mid-year in Australia we provided his semester one report (a summary of grades at the half year stage when he left school in June 2014) along with the full report for the previous academic year.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 8:28 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

We are also moving early May, and although it is obviously beneficial to the new school to have a current report, there is absolutely no requirement, to finish the year or submit attendance etc. Don't worry yourself about that one! Good luck
Old Apr 15th 2015, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you

Well I spoke to the Principal and no problems in fact they offered to rush the reports so we have something to take with us should we need it.

One thing off the list...

Good luck with your move Rosie Lee!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you

Well I spoke to the Principal and no problems in fact they offered to rush the reports so we have something to take with us should we need it.

One thing off the list...

Good luck with your move Rosie Lee!
Great news! I'm also working through a list. I've spent the afternoon packing all of the clothes that we no longer need to wear along with a few odds and ends that I've picked up over here. I think I need to to buy another suitcase as my hubby has bought around 6 pairs of jeans as they are so cheap.

Only 3 weeks to go for us. Good luck with everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.