100.00%
I can't help
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Does the Insurance Company authorized to check my UK driving Licence With DVLA

Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:11 am
Just Joined

anp100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Does the Insurance Company authorized to check my UK driving Licence With DVLA

Hi,

I recently purchased a car and bought an Online Insurance for me. They are asking my driving licence details a copy of my driving licence. Front and back view.

Do they have authority to cross check my licence with the DVLA?

Note.
I mentioned my Licence is 5 Yrs old. as i could not pay more than 2K for my insurance.
But my licence is not 5 yrs old.

Please some one help me or advice me what can i do?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:19 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the Insurgence Company authorized to check my UK driving Licence With DVLA

Hi and welcome to BE. In order to place your thread in the right forum what country are you in?

Regards

Sue
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:21 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the Insurgence Company authorized to check my UK driving Licence With DVLA

Assuming that you are in the UK, to be legally insured for motor vehicle use, you have to have a valid drivers licence for the group of vehicle that you are insuring. So in that regard, the insurance company is allowed to check your licence.

It seems that you have said that you have held a licence for 5 years when in fact you have not. If your insurance were to be granted, you will have made a false statement to gain insurance. This is an offence.

I suggest that you go no further with this application, start again and tell the truth.

I presume you mean insurance not insurgence.

This site is primarily for Brits moving overseas who need help in their new country. But we do what we can to help.

PNC now holds details of motor vehicles, driver licence, insurance and MOT details for each car.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the Insurance Company authorized to check my UK driving Licence With DVLA

Originally Posted by anp100
Hi,

I recently purchased a car and bought an Online Insurance for me. They are asking my driving licence details a copy of my driving licence. Front and back view.

Do they have authority to cross check my licence with the DVLA?

Note.
I mentioned my Licence is 5 Yrs old. as i could not pay more than 2K for my insurance.
But my licence is not 5 yrs old.

Please some one help me or advice me what can i do?
Hello and welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Moving Back To The UK Forum. If you lie to the insurance company you are committing fraud. Not only will you invalidate your insurance but you are breaking the law. Answer all questions truthfully.