Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Does anyone watch "Wanted Down Under"?

Does anyone watch "Wanted Down Under"?

Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone watch "Wanted Down Under"?

They are currently doing a 'revisited' series of the pople who were on the programme last year, or before. Todays had a couple who did move out, and are really happy and enjoying themselves, he was getting more money and working only half the hours he had been in the UK.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:54 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
They are currently doing a 'revisited' series of the pople who were on the programme last year, or before. Todays had a couple who did move out, and are really happy and enjoying themselves, he was getting more money and working only half the hours he had been in the UK.
Yeah I do believe that. I have found here in the UK I am working a ton more hours just to earn half of what I was earning when I was in the US. But I enjoy this work more. We definitely aren't the best in the jobs market for pay. I have found the area I am in (Bournemouth) is one of the lowest paid areas! Just my luck.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Total oppostie case for my DH and myself (hour wise) lol....but we have always worked hard, I suppose it comes down to employment, what you want from life ie how you like to enjoy yourselves, your type of employment and also being in the right place at the right time. We cannot complain as we have had a good life and have always made the most of what life has offered us.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
Yeah I do believe that. I have found here in the UK I am working a ton more hours just to earn half of what I was earning when I was in the US. But I enjoy this work more. We definitely aren't the best in the jobs market for pay. I have found the area I am in (Bournemouth) is one of the lowest paid areas! Just my luck.
we could even be neighbours..
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:25 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

we could even be neighbours..
Maybe we are and don't know it.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:00 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

See, if you had visited me a year after I moved to the US, I would have said the same thing. I was making a lot more money here and we had been able to buy a house we never could have had in the UK. We were doing all kinds of fun things we couldn't do in Leeds. Life was good.

But 12 years later and I find all that matters less than the birthdays and weddings and parties and funerals I've missed. I don't suppose I regret coming - not sure about that really - but what I do know is that it was a move I made in total ignorance of what it was going to cost me. That's what these shows never cover.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:05 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you search the Aus forum you'll find threads and posts by some of the families who have appeared in the series and in other similar ones. We've had a lot of people on here in the past who've been on one programme or another. The show is always heavily edited, so what you see is what makes good TV - not necessarily a reflection of reality!
Or, indeed, a reflection of 'good TV'.

It's hardly The Ascent Of Man is it?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:02 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Or, indeed, a reflection of 'good TV'.

It's hardly The Ascent Of Man is it?
Why are you wearing a hat?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:30 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Why are you wearing a hat?
I will refer you to my signature, I'll be playing cricket in pink to help raise money for the care of Breast Cancer patients.

$845 so far, mostly raised by BE members

My actual hat that I will be wearing is far fancier and there is a pic in the second signature link.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:40 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask what the programme is called? Is it just Wanted Down Under Revisited? That way I can download it and take a look! Thanks.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Never heard of this before but just checked it out on youtube. Kind of reminds of house hunters international on HGTV
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:15 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by ukintexas
Can I ask what the programme is called? Is it just Wanted Down Under Revisited? That way I can download it and take a look! Thanks.
Yes, 'Wanted down under revisited', currently on every morning on BBC1.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:05 am
Waiting for my bus pass!

Andrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point

They show the family at least one house that's way out of there price range !
Do they do most of the filming not in summer ? often looks like it.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:11 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Andrew58
They show the family at least one house that's way out of there price range !
Do they do most of the filming not in summer ? often looks like it.
That'll be one of those dry, blue sky summers ... as opposed to the Get The Sandbags Ready QLD summers ...

I watched an episode of one of these programmes and fast-forwarded through most of it.

I used the time saved to trim my pubic hair, I thought it was a decent decision on balance.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:06 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I used the time saved to trim my pubic hair, I thought it was a decent decision on balance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.