Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Does anyone use Wise to pay for rent/utilities etc

Does anyone use Wise to pay for rent/utilities etc

Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Palomino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone use Wise to pay for rent/utilities etc

We opened a Wise account recently, and are in the process of looking at rentals in Northern Ireland.
Does anyone here pay their rent/mortgage/utilities with their Wise accounts and if so how do you do it?
We are newbies at this.
thanks
Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone use Wise to pay for rent/utilities etc

Originally Posted by Palomino
We opened a Wise account recently, and are in the process of looking at rentals in Northern Ireland.
Does anyone here pay their rent/mortgage/utilities with their Wise accounts and if so how do you do it?
We are newbies at this.
thanks

Haven't done it myself, but I'm sure you could use it to pay anyone who has a bank account, including your landlord. I am being paid into a Wise account by a UK org (my employer) and I send money to my son's UK bank account from it. It's a direct transfer, takes only a minute.

Not sure about utilities since I haven't done that in the UK. Yet.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

We are newbies at this.
thanks
i have some direct debits paid from wise, works same as regular bank, have not set up standing orders though
Old Sep 18th 2021, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Johnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of light

We are newbies at this.
thanks
The Wise account looks good and is great for travellers so I am going to open an account with them myself. Just note that your money is not protected by the UK deposit protection scheme but they do have their deposits spread across a number of stable and reliable banks. Still, I would not sell the farm and put everything in there.