Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Does ALL credit history disappear ?

Wikiposts

Does ALL credit history disappear ?

Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Does ALL credit history disappear ?

I know we talk a lot about bad credit /scores etc ...following us from country to country

What about bog standard history ?
Does that all evaporate too ? lol

I am thinking of just ordinary things ..
Companies that you made regular payment to ...

When I contact service providers ,will they have a record of my being a previous customer ?

I will have been out of the UK 6ish years by the time we go home .
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:20 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does ALL credit history disappear ?

I wonder that.
I still have a UK bank and CC and they are used sporadically so I wonder if that gives me a minimal history of some sort.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

SuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
I know we talk a lot about bad credit /scores etc ...following us from country to country

What about bog standard history ?
Does that all evaporate too ? lol

I am thinking of just ordinary things ..
Companies that you made regular payment to ...

When I contact service providers ,will they have a record of my being a previous customer ?

I will have been out of the UK 6ish years by the time we go home .
I have been here 10 long years and when i moved over even though i had a MBNA card it's history did not come over with me.

Now, this may have changed since then but if it has not i dont see how it can count. Again, this was some time ago.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Usually erased in the UK after six years of no financial activity such as a bank account or credit card.

I kept a bank account and credit card here in the UK whilst in Canada for just over six years but the weren't active and my credit history had gone when I came back.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

But individual companies do keep records of customers past & present and they can use the information they already hold to decide if to give you credit/provide you with a service even if your credit file is clear.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shellyj
But individual companies do keep records of customers past & present and they can use the information they already hold to decide if to give you credit/provide you with a service even if your credit file is clear.
Under the provisions of the data protection act , that too "should" be deleted after 6 years