Do the Right Exam

Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do the Right Exam

..........l.or they will not let you in. See the latest lunacy from the Home Office Chitty-wallahs

Woman's English too good for UK entry - BBC News
Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do the Right Exam

Scot I have moved your thread into the MBTTUK General Forum. Please post all discussion threads in this forum. Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
..........l.or they will not let you in. See the latest lunacy from the Home Office Chitty-wallahs

Woman's English too good for UK entry - BBC News
If she did the Academic IELTS instead of the General Training IELTS one, then I'm surprised this wasn't acceptable. That's not made clear though.

The article also says she didn't supply the required supporting evidence. I'd be going back to her 'immigration lawyer' if I were her!

Fairly typical media beat up that conveniently ignores some of the facts.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I am afraid that many of these reported situations sound awful but are often badly reported, with missing or erroneous 'facts'.

The ones that really upset me though are where migrants came as small children and were not regularised when they should have been, grew up totally ignorant about their immigration status, assuming understandably that they were British and are now being deported to 'home' countries that they have not lived in for most of their lives.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
I am afraid that many of these reported situations sound awful but are often badly reported, with missing or erroneous 'facts'.
The ones that really upset me though are where migrants came as small children and were not regularised when they should have been, grew up totally ignorant about their immigration status, assuming understandably that they were British and are now being deported to 'home' countries that they have not lived in for most of their lives.
Of course they can take steps to ensure that their 'home' country revokes their citizenship. For example by stating an intention to overthrow the government of India by force, or whatever.
As far as I know it is not illegal, in Britain, to state an intention to wage war on India. Merely an intention.
Or just asking politely to have one's claim to citizenship denied in at least some cases.
Then as stateless people it becomes impossible to deport them and they are allowed to stay.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly journalists are often badly-informed and often distort a story or omit essential parts of a complex tale
Old Dec 16th 2017, 3:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
Of course they can take steps to ensure that their 'home' country revokes their citizenship. For example by stating an intention to overthrow the government of India by force, or whatever.
As far as I know it is not illegal, in Britain, to state an intention to wage war on India. Merely an intention.
Or just asking politely to have one's claim to citizenship denied in at least some cases.
Then as stateless people it becomes impossible to deport them and they are allowed to stay.
I wonder how many people in that situation would even realise they have options like this.
Lets be honest, if you know so little about migration that you have never questioned your background, arrival in the UK, or citizenship status, are you really likely to be aware that you can go to the lengths you describe in order to stay if threatened with deportation?
My bet isthat they would be so stunned and panicked that they would not have a clue.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 3:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Another example where an 'immigration lawyer' manages to make a mess of an otherwise straightforward application. The article mentions that she has an English degree - it may be the case that she doesn't need to take a language test at all.