Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Do Oz home phones work in the UK??

Do Oz home phones work in the UK??

Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

suzy a is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do Oz home phones work in the UK??

Hi

Just wondering if anyone who has returned to the UK took their oz home phones back with them??? ....& did they work ok??

Cheers

Suzy
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:56 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do Oz home phones work in the UK??

Yes. We had a binatone and ours works. I think we had to change the cable. I cant remember now. Only thing that doesnt work is the caller display on the phone but we can live without that.

We didnt change the plug (its cordless) just have an adapter plug

Hope this helps

Jo
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do Oz home phones work in the UK??

I had to change the voice over from an australian accent to a pommie one.

Once I did that everything was fine, also ring tone was a bit aussie, so i changed that too, to a dull pommie one.