Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Do I book tickets without my sons passport

Do I book tickets without my sons passport

Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do I book tickets without my sons passport

Hi everyone,

We are due to fly home on the 6th of sept the only problem I have is that I only sent my sons passport forms off on the 28th of July as this was the first oppportunity I had for someone to sign the back of the photo for the 2 years rubbish. Do I call the $9.70 per minute passport line and beg them to send it pronto. Or can I get away with calling the $2.70 information line were I do get to speak to a consultant. Has anyone called either of these lines? Can you give me any idea if they would be able to get my passport here any quicker I posted it on the . We are due to leave for Sydney on the 30th to fly out on the 6th. But in accoradance with the 25 working day rule on the internet I wont get it before we leave and we have tenants moving in on the 5th.

any advice appreciated
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I book tickets without my sons passport

You should have got someone to sign on the basis of a shorter period of time.

Service at the British High Commission is terrible (from accounts on this forum) and if you book flights there is no guarantee that passport will arrive.

The "helpline" is very expensive but it's not clear if they do any more than just read from the website.

I hope you plan to formally complain about them trying to exclude people in Australia for less than 2 years from renewing their passports.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You should have got someone to sign on the basis of a shorter period of time.

Service at the British High Commission is terrible (from accounts on this forum) and if you book flights there is no guarantee that passport will arrive.

The "helpline" is very expensive but it's not clear if they do any more than just read from the website.

I hope you plan to formally complain about them trying to exclude people in Australia for less than 2 years from renewing their passports.
When we applied to renew our British Passports in Canberra (we are in Perth) the sevice was really good, we applied on-line, I did have to make a phone call which was dealt with very quickly (I had me questions ready to ask) and our passports arrived really soon thereafter.

Good luck Nicola does your son have an Aussie or British passport and how old is he?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

My son is only 6 I am not leaving without his passport. i have tried ringing the $9.70 phone line but just keep getting the answering machine. i dont know what to do we need to get home but we cant without the blimin passport. If push comes to shove me or hubby will fly down to canberra I guess to pick it up. I shall be telling them about my 2 year dilemma and as a result I cant leave.:curse: