Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Do dogs HAVE to fly into London?

Wikiposts

Do dogs HAVE to fly into London?

Old Jul 27th 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Do dogs HAVE to fly into London?

I have just received a quote from Jets for Pets to send my Boxer from Brisbane to Manchester. On the quote it said he was going to land in London, and my crate which he came in last year prob won t be used as in Australia the wire needs to double thick not just a single layer at the front! I replyed back saying I wanted a quote for Manchester but she said this can t be done all pets need to go into London first and if going on another flight to Manchester he would need to stay in London for 6 months!! Isn t that why we pay for the rabies injection so they don t have to do this??
Surely they can fly into Manchester, we live up north so going into London is a real problem as he is going back well before us??? Is this information correct?? Hope someone can help.

Sarah
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do dogs HAVE to fly into London?

I was told by Dogtainers that it has to be london heathrow due to the quarantine people being based there so they can sort out all the dogs paperwork on arrival. I have been told by them she will arrive at London then be transfered to quarantine depot then it will be 4-5 hours for her to be cleared then we can take her home We did think about flying her up but she will arrive on at saturday so will go down fri stay over think it will be cheaper than having her flown up and less stressful for her as we can stop off and take her for walkies........................ Dogtainers did say they could get a quote for her to be flown up to Manchester

Only need to do the quarantine if they not had 6 months from the blood test......

Last edited by tillysmum; Jul 27th 2008 at 6:44 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

They have to go through London as that is the only place which has an animal clearing customs facility - the animal transport people are not doing this to annoy you, its part of the whole PETS deal.

Also it costs a lot more to get Dogtainers or whoever to pick your dogs up from the Customs in LHR and put them on a domestic flight within the UK (I have been quoted $1750 for that service) so if you have anyone there that can pick you all up in LHR you can save quite a bit.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:45 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Had the same problems with Jet Pets myself so ended up going with Dogtainers who were cheaper. I told them what Jet Pets wanted price wise and they gave me a better quote INCLUDING a new crate as apparently UK crates DON'T meet Ozzie standards.
Yes, animals have to fly into Heathrow. We will now be on another flight to our dog and he MAY have to fly in there the day before us as apparently it costs more to fly your dog in on the weekend!!!!!!

They get you at every turn cost wise, don't they!

*pearly*
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Had the same problems with Jet Pets myself so ended up going with Dogtainers who were cheaper. I told them what Jet Pets wanted price wise and they gave me a better quote INCLUDING a new crate as apparently UK crates DON'T meet Ozzie standards.
Yes, animals have to fly into Heathrow. We will now be on another flight to our dog and he MAY have to fly in there the day before us as apparently it costs more to fly your dog in on the weekend!!!!!!

They get you at every turn cost wise, don't they!

*pearly*

Entirely agree, all dogs have to go to Heathrow for checks. I live up north (UK) I went down to Heathrow the night before stayed in a premier Inn Hotel, when my dog and cat arrived i went picked them up and were back on my way up north within 2 hours of their flight landing. But i have to point out they they were flown from New Zealand and we did not need quarantine. yes Dogs flown in at weekends cost more.