Wikiposts

Divorce and moving back

Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:11 am
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough
Default Divorce and moving back

Moving back to the UK with kids and getting divorced. Three, nearly four years in India now. **** the hague convention (I don't think India is a signatory in any case) I'm taking the kids back with me.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce and moving back

Please, please, please be careful! India may not be a signatory but the UK is. I wouldn't do anything that could jeapordise your long term custody arrangements for your children..
Old Jul 27th 2013, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoanPlaces
Moving back to the UK with kids and getting divorced. Three, nearly four years in India now. **** the hague convention (I don't think India is a signatory in any case) I'm taking the kids back with me.
The UK may not let you in. On the US forum, someone sent their 12 year old back to the UK alone to visit grandparents with a signed document from both parents. When the child arrived, he was taken to secondary for about 2 hours with them making phone calls before releasing the child to the grandparents. Apparently the document was not notarized and if the UK lets the child in, then jurisdiction becomes messy. Although you will be entering with your children and they may let you and the children in, the UK is a signatory to the Hague convention and he could possibly have you charged under British law for kidnapping.

Although the kidnapping charge may not hold up in court, courts don't look kindly when someone removes children from a jurisdiction without the other parents consent and you could possibly lose custody.

Last edited by Michael; Jul 27th 2013 at 3:58 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 7:10 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoanPlaces
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...tion_India.pdf