Wikiposts

Dilemma

Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:17 am
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice
Unhappy Dilemma

We have been in Sydney since June last year. Hubby (an MCSE, MCT) has done a couple of courses (Cert IV Worklplace assessment and Fibre Optics cabling) to enable him to get into the job market and I have been applying for jobs (accounting/psychotherapist) via the internet and agencies. So far I have had one interview but no job offers!
Hubby's father is gravely ill in hospital in the UK and he is not likely to make it through for too long. Our visa expired in Oct 2007. In order for hubby to go back to see his father, we will have to fork out for the RRV and a return ticket. At the moment we are living in my brother's house who is currently in Canada to end of June. Without jobs we are now thinking that maybe the pair of us should go back to the UK and cut our losses. Of course we will have to pay the full year's rent to my brother as we had made a committment to him and we can't let the house out on his behalf as it is fully furnished and has a lot of his personal belongings here.
If we both go back, we have nowhere to stay and without jobs we won't be able to rent anywhere. Hubby could stay at his father's (in Cornwall) for as long as he likes but I want to be near my parents, somewhere around Reading. And I will be able to get a job around there a lot quicker than in Cornwall.
The dilemma is this - how do we go about arranging some accomodation from here? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks for reading.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:11 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma

Originally Posted by rkh001
We have been in Sydney since June last year. Hubby (an MCSE, MCT) has done a couple of courses (Cert IV Worklplace assessment and Fibre Optics cabling) to enable him to get into the job market and I have been applying for jobs (accounting/psychotherapist) via the internet and agencies. So far I have had one interview but no job offers!
Hubby's father is gravely ill in hospital in the UK and he is not likely to make it through for too long. Our visa expired in Oct 2007. In order for hubby to go back to see his father, we will have to fork out for the RRV and a return ticket. At the moment we are living in my brother's house who is currently in Canada to end of June. Without jobs we are now thinking that maybe the pair of us should go back to the UK and cut our losses. Of course we will have to pay the full year's rent to my brother as we had made a committment to him and we can't let the house out on his behalf as it is fully furnished and has a lot of his personal belongings here.
If we both go back, we have nowhere to stay and without jobs we won't be able to rent anywhere. Hubby could stay at his father's (in Cornwall) for as long as he likes but I want to be near my parents, somewhere around Reading. And I will be able to get a job around there a lot quicker than in Cornwall.
The dilemma is this - how do we go about arranging some accomodation from here? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks for reading.
Yikes, what a mess ... sorry I don't have much practical advice to offer (except to check on Rightmove - they show rental properties as well as "To Buy" - but you probably knew that).

Life throws us a curve ball when we least expect it. Sorry to hear about all your problems, and I hope you get some good help.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma

Having read some of the other threads here, I'd probably advise you to make sure you keep your options open for return to AUS if you can.