Wikiposts

A differnet Question

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default A differnet Question

I have a question for anyone that has left australia to head back to the uk, Do you regret going back home to the uk or are you happy that you made the move back. I only ask because im considering moving back and i just want to way up my options - although australia has many good points im just so sick of all the aussie bullshitters regarding jobs, houses, licences etc
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:01 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: A differnet Question

No mate there's plenty of us that went to Aus, came back and are now completely settled and happy in the UK when we realised that what we have here is miles better. Kind of felt like getting it out of my system if you see what I mean. There's some ping-pongers but I have a feeling they'll never really be content with where they are and are probably searching for a life that doesn't exist.

Do what you think's right and good luck.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:12 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A differnet Question

we have been back 8 weeks now, after spending 18months in oz, my life has far more substance to it, i feel more content, happy and "at home".

It hasnt been easy, i would be a lying to say we dont have odd days of looking back and saying "what have we done"!!! The weather is a biggy, but you know what you cant have it all! me and hubby were only saying that last night, if you could pick the best bits of oz and the best of england, life would be perfect, but you cant, thats life!!.................shame hey?!!

all in all happy family, even our eldest daughter who sobbed on the plane, how guilty did we feel dragging her away from her school and friends!, shes happy in england and getting their on the social point of view, she would however go back to oz when asked!

Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:06 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozoz
I have a question for anyone that has left australia to head back to the uk, Do you regret going back home to the uk or are you happy that you made the move back. I only ask because im considering moving back and i just want to way up my options - although australia has many good points im just so sick of all the aussie bullshitters regarding jobs, houses, licences etc
We've been back 13 months after 2 years in Perth - coming back to the UK was the best decison we ever made, I cannot ever see myself wanting to live in Oz again!

Good luck with your decision!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:22 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

I have been back 3 months and it felt right the moment I stepped off that plane.

We've had a few little hurdles to get over, but haven't felt any of the stress that I had whilst living in Oz. Things are more than good at the mo.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:35 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I have been back 2mths. To say things are a bit pear shaped in my life right now would be an understatement, but i just know i am back where i belong. Even though i have a lot of stress going on, somehow theres a lot more consolation having it amongst those i feel a kinship with. I will NEVER leave blighty again for more than a holiday.

Hope you makwe the right decisions for you and your family, best wishes.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough

Thxs for your responses, its still a difficult decision to make, why i dont have a big problem heading back myself - but leaving may involve leaving my long term girlfriend
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

hello there

As most people who move to oz, i spent the preceding years prior to the move in a state of high anxiety (applying for visa, selling house etc ) coupled with the feeling that i hated living in the uk. The dream of living in oz brought a long term relationship to an end, but I consoled myself witht the thought that I was heading towards a better life.

I didnt stay long in aus only 4 months but long enough to know that the problem wasnt living in uk but me! I couldnt cope without the network of family and friends.

Having been back since end of March, I like FF, have been through stress especially on the job front. However I have family and friends that I can off load on. I have bought a house, my son is more settled and I have a closer relatinship with my mum. I appreciate them all the more now but more importantly (to me anyway) is the fact the I live in the uk, yes a shitehole sometimes but at the moment I wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

good luck in your decision, its not easy either way.

lolly
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

Although I wasn't in oz long, moving back was a good decision. Not one regret after 3 1/2 months back in UK. More has happened since arriving back than ever did when I was there.

The only regret I have is going in the first place as I too was in a long term relationship which came to an end when I moved to Aus.

But at the end of the day only you can make the decision, good luck with whatever you decide, and keep us all updated.