Wikiposts

Devon, its lovely!

Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Devon, its lovely!

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know that Devon.............. is stunning!

Yeah its crowded at times, yeah it can be a nightmare trying to get a meal sometimes in a restaurant or pub and the roads are getting busier than Paris Hiltons gynecologist, but good god its stunning!

I would like also to offer my recommendations for the place, which I will add as I do more and more down here.
First up is this place...............

http://www.oystershack.co.uk/

We went there yesterday and it was by far the best place I have ever eaten here in the UK....... the tables were crap, the chairs tacky plastic ones, the tablecloths cheap nasty vinyl ones, ours had lemons on it, and most of the tables were outside because the interior was so small, but the food was absolutely amazing, they grow their own oysters, most of the fish comes from either their own boats or friends, and its so fresh you can still smell the sea..................... which is funny since they are so close to the estuary.

More Devon recommendations to follow.

(Oh and gentlemen, the waitresses................. so seriously hot!)
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:09 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Devon, its lovely!

Ahh, Devon. My birthplace. I will be happy to read anything you post about Devon. Like they say...Devon is heaven.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

tuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nice

Sounds great, the best restaurants are always rustic!
Which part of Devon are you in? and when did you return?
We are returning next month from australia and will be looking at Devon/cornwall, i am half cornish so thinking possibly Looe or St ives, yet to discover areas in Devon.
Keep us posted!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Just returned from Cornwall last weekend and yes its also a beautiful place!We have been to Devon a few times as well and you're right,its stunning!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tuppins
Sounds great, the best restaurants are always rustic!
Which part of Devon are you in? and when did you return?
We are returning next month from australia and will be looking at Devon/cornwall, i am half cornish so thinking possibly Looe or St ives, yet to discover areas in Devon.
Keep us posted!
We moved down here from elsewhere in the UK................ its a LONG story, and we are living in the heart of Dartmoor, and its bloody lovely!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 11:18 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
We moved down here from elsewhere in the UK................ its a LONG story, and we are living in the heart of Dartmoor, and its bloody lovely!
how did you manage 32,000 posts of drivel?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:10 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by busterboy
how did you manage 32,000 posts of drivel?
30,000 were with you missy!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know that Devon.............. is stunning!

)
Sheesh...how many times do I have to tell you lot eh? Devon is crap. It's horrible. It's overcrowded. We're full!!!!!

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Just returned from Cornwall last weekend and yes its also a beautiful place!We have been to Devon a few times as well and you're right,its stunning!

Please see the above !
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:00 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Matt - glad you are loving Devon and are happy

Tracey me old china - lovely to hear from you - I am assuming from your comments you are still happy to be home!!! It's all downhill from here - enjoy...........xx

Me - nearly 3 years back in the UK now - sunning myself on the beautiful Dorset coast this summer and loving every minute - wild horses would not drag me back to the boredom, isolation and downright emptiness I had when I lived in Oz.

Good luck to all you returnees!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:43 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Sheesh...how many times do I have to tell you lot eh? Devon is crap. It's horrible. It's overcrowded. We're full!!!!!
Please see the above !
Damn!

Sorry, yeah, scrub what I said, its true, Devon is horrible, its full of pikeys and hoodies, knife crime all the time, and the most horrendous urban sprawl ever!

Just to prove it look at this!
Attached Thumbnails Devon, its lovely!-img_0172.jpg  
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:45 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callé
Ahh, Devon. My birthplace. I will be happy to read anything you post about Devon. Like they say...Devon is heaven.
Devon and Cornwall are awesome places, in the summer, however in the winter it is a different story.

Still I love the place, especially Hayle !
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:30 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Damn!

Sorry, yeah, scrubber that's what I said, its true, Devon is horrible, its full of pikeys and hoodies, knife crime all the time, and the most horrendous sprawl ever, especially in a tracksuit!

...And no way to talk about the Missus!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:31 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by busterboy
...And no way to talk about the Missus!
Minx.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:32 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Damn!

Sorry, yeah, scrub what I said, its true, Devon is horrible, its full of pikeys and hoodies, knife crime all the time, and the most horrendous urban sprawl ever!

You had me going just for a second!

We're off to Devon in July for a family tree-hunting trip. Can't wait.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:32 pm
A rather curious boy

Minx.
gurly giggle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.