Credit History in UK

Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:11 am
Just Joined

gt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nice
Default Re: Credit History in UK

HSBC allows you to carry your credit history from country to country and will help you open an account back in the UK.

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/persona...ldwide/leaving

Regards
Sunil
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Baadil is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that's what I call excellent service This is great, thanks.

Originally Posted by gt94sss2
HSBC allows you to carry your credit history from country to country and will help you open an account back in the UK.

Regards
Sunil
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

gingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gt94sss2

Regards
Sunil

This is GREAT to know! Many thanks for this information. I will certainly be considering HSBC now.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Steep qualification criteria though.

Qualification Criteria
Savings or investments of at least £50,000 with HSBC Bank or
A mortgage of £250,000 or over with HSBC Bank and an individual income of £75,000 or over to be mandated to your HSBC Bank Account.
We reserve the right to introduce a monthly fee or withdraw the HSBC Premier service should you no longer meet the eligibility criteria. Your Relationship Manager will review this with you annually.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

gt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nice

Thats for the HSBC Premier service - even if you don't qualify for that, HSBC can still help - you just need to ask your local HSBC branch to put you in touch with the nearest HSBC 'International Banking Centre'

The UK one is reachable via +44 20 7991 7414 and in North America I think its 18778504722

They can help you open an account in another 'HSBC country'

Years ago, when I went to study in the USA, the UK one arranged for me to have an HSBC USA checking account and credit card before I left - all for free and on the basis that I had a student account with HSBC in the UK.

I think if you are a HSBC Premier customer though, you do get 'extras' though like 1 single online banking screen for all your accounts, regardless of country etc and local 'relationship managers'...

Regards
Sunil
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Baadil is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!!!

I guess that's all I can say right now.

Originally Posted by Shivster

Qualification Criteria
A mortgage of £250,000 or over with HSBC Bank and an individual income of £75,000 or over to be mandated to your HSBC Bank Account.
We reserve the right to introduce a monthly fee or withdraw the HSBC Premier service should you no longer meet the eligibility criteria. Your Relationship Manager will review this with you annually.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

gingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to allgingajoy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shivster

Qualification Criteria
yeah, I saw that after the fact too. Uhm, that does *not* apply to me. (I wish!)

But they do offer banking for new UK residents through their Passport package, so that's worth looking into. Not sure if you can transfer good credit rating with that, though.
I think the fact of the matter is that you're starting from scratch. But as far as a phone goes, well you can always get a mobile and pay as you go. Ah well! No one said it would be easy!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

We did the HSBC Premier account route, and it isn't as hard to qualify as you may think as you can use your retirement accounts as the qualification (we used my SEP IRA, for example). The one thing to note, however, is that they can only use your credit history with HSBC, not your entire credit history from the US. I asked specifically about this when we met with our relationship manager, as my husband and I have terrific US credit but nothing in the UK. So, we can transfer some history but not everything. Still, it's better than nothing.