CRB police checks in other countries

Wikiposts

CRB police checks in other countries

Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

ggar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRB police checks in other countries

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have just finished working in India for 2 years as an occupational therapist and am going back to the UK to. I obviously will need to get a CRB check there and have applied for a police clearance letter from the local Indian police. They have refused on a technicality regarding my visa, that i was unable to register with the police.

So now i have no police clearance for the last 2 years of my work.

I am planning on working back in the NHS now. Does anyone have any experience of this or have any advice. Will Trusts be able to employ me without clearance from the Indian police?

I would be really grateful for any assistance as this will obviously affect my career now!
thanks
geri
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRB police checks in other countries

Originally Posted by ggar
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have just finished working in India for 2 years as an occupational therapist and am going back to the UK to. I obviously will need to get a CRB check there and have applied for a police clearance letter from the local Indian police. They have refused on a technicality regarding my visa, that i was unable to register with the police.

I am planning on working back in the NHS now. Does anyone have any experience of this or have any advice. Will Trusts be able to employ me without clearance from the Indian police?

I would be really grateful for any assistance as this will obviously affect my career now!
thanks
geri
The Trust will apply to the CRB for a check, the response from the CRB will almost certainly be that there is nothing on file in the UK but they are unable to check records inother countries. Its then up to the Trust to decide whetehr to employ you.
Its too expensive and far too protracted a timeline for the CRB to check with other countries unless they have cause for concern - can take months or even years for other countries to respond.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:11 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRB police checks in other countries

Originally Posted by ggar
Hi everyone,

thanks
geri
You might want to check through FleaFlyFloFlum's posts - her hubbie had to go through CRB in the UK, for NHS work, I believe (they lived in oz for a long time). Use the Advanced Search function for the term CRB and specify posts from FleaFlyFloFlum.