Reload this Page >

Courier Service for Passport but moving

Courier Service for Passport but moving

Old Jun 21st 2018, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

1jerusha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Courier Service for Passport but moving

Hi all, hoping for some help here ...

Husband applied for visa in Toronto in April, but hasn't come through yet. We're moving out at the end of June, and he will stay with his parents while waiting for his visa to come through. When we applied, he chose to have his passport returned by courier, but obviously the address we gave won't be where he is living in about 10 days time.

I have looked online at the VFS site, no contact information listed there. Checked the courier receipt, no phone number or email listed there either. We just need to tell them to either deliver to a different address or cancel the courier service altogether. We live in a condo, and typically the concierge signs for parcels, but since it's a passport, I don't know if it has to be him specifically. He is supposed to surrender a slip of paper to them in exchange for his passport. His parents are 5 hours drive away from where we currently live, so I don't know if the courier service will deliver there, even if I could contact them.

Does anyone have any good ideas, or a contact email or phone for VFS global Toronto so I can figure this out?

TIA
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

tusitala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Courier Service for Passport but moving

We have the same problem,

We sent off our application using VFS with our current home address as the return address then realized that we may have sold the house before the application is returned.

Since VFS uses UPS I called them, they said there is nothing they can do until the package is actually shipped so I am checking the package tracking every day in case it ships early, they also suggested that we could have the new owners of our house sign for it (if they can) and notify us, not really something I would want to depend on.

They also said we are supposed to get an email from UPS when it ships

My biggest fear is everything getting sent back to Sheffield
Old Jun 21st 2018, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm, ok. I am in contact with the main UKVI office about this, so will let you know what they say.

According to the VFS website, you can only have someone else sign for it if you give them a letter with your signature (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Canada/a...ubmission.html - they give a template). I'd be happy for our building concierge to do this I think, so we'll see.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Just a bit of an update - the UKVI were really unhelpful. We ended up only knowing that the passport had arrived when our building's old concierge phoned us (they always phoned for parcels).
Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1jerusha
Just a bit of an update - the UKVI were really unhelpful. We ended up only knowing that the passport had arrived when our building's old concierge phoned us (they always phoned for parcels).
came through recently out of interest or you are just posting an update?

seen you received your visa on 11th july so if received today then you need to renew the vignette i think as it is valid for 1 month
Old Aug 20th 2018, 10:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfair

came through recently out of interest or you are just posting an update?

seen you received your visa on 11th july so if received today then you need to renew the vignette i think as it is valid for 1 month
Applicants can nominate a date to enter the UK of up to 6 months from when they apply. The vignette in the OP's passport will give a month from that nominated date.