Council Grants

Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Council Grants

Hi

Has any one had any experience of the grants from the council that help with first time buyers.

I have heard roughly of them giving first time buyers help towards buying a property i.e up to £25.000.

Has anyone any information on this and what it is called

Thanks in advanced x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:37 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Council Grants

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

Has any one had any experience of the grants from the council that help with first time buyers.

I have heard roughly of them giving first time buyers help towards buying a property i.e up to £25.000.

Thanks in advanced x
Never heard of anything like that. Have you tried ringing your local Council.

Or are you thinking of rent to buy schemes by Housing Associations?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

sixofus! is an unknown quantity at this point

hi its called homebuy, my cousin used it to buy her house, they gave her intrest free loan for 25%of house and she got mortgage on rest when you sell they take there 25% back x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for that, it is when you buy a home as a first time buyer.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:51 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

Thanks in advanced x
We were the first people to ever get a grant from the council for 25 thousand pounds to move from our council flat and into a place of our own...that was 15 years ago...do they do it for any first time buyers now...I was in the papers and everything....we never had to pay any of the money back...it pays to be the first to do something like that....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:58 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.homebuy.co.uk/

Just followed a link...ours was called Shared Ownership...when we got ours if you lived in the house for over 5 years...you did not have to pay back the money...