Cost of living in UK

Old Sep 27th 2014, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living in UK

Originally Posted by Gozit
That scenario is wrong, agreed. You shouldn't let an unlicensed child drive 5 miles every day.

When I drive, i'm talking a few kilometres down an old country road with little traffic and my mum or dad in the car with me.
And very different to actually driving on a road in traffic. You won't know you're a safe driver until you actually start driving for real. Your premium is going to be high because you are so young and also that you dont have a UK license or any experience on UK roads. Even if someone has driven in their country of residence for many years as a licensed driver the UK insurers still penalise for not having experience on UK roads. You may have to give up on the option of having a car is you do move to the UK and do what most teenagers do and use public transport. Public transport is pretty good in the UK no matter where you live.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 8:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

That scenario is wrong, agreed. You shouldn't let an unlicensed child drive 5 miles every day.

When I drive, i'm talking a few kilometres down an old country road with little traffic and my mum or dad in the car with me.
No, ANY scenario that you let an unlicensed, uninsured child drive is wrong.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 8:54 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Parents let me drive on the country roads occasionally. They say i'm a safe driver, and i know all the stuff for my test, just waiting the 4 months to take it
doesn't matter what you or your parents think. You are unlicensed & under age to drive legally in Ontario, the penalty is .....

Stick to your peddle bike,
Old Sep 27th 2014, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
And very different to actually driving on a road in traffic. You won't know you're a safe driver until you actually start driving for real. Your premium is going to be high because you are so young and also that you dont have a UK license or any experience on UK roads. Even if someone has driven in their country of residence for many years as a licensed driver the UK insurers still penalise for not having experience on UK roads. You may have to give up on the option of having a car is you do move to the UK and do what most teenagers do and use public transport. Public transport is pretty good in the UK no matter where you live.
^Thanks for the honest (but disappointing) answer.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

And lets be real here - I don't need advice on whether or not driving 4 months (to the date, ironically) before I am eligible to get a license is legal or not. My parents make the choice to let me drive their car on quiet roads because I find driving on those said quiet roads a fun activity.

We are aware its illegal, and of what the penalties are. That was a given.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

A fun activity!

You have no insurance, that is the issue. if you were involved in accident, your parents could be made bankrupt by this. I have no problem if you want to drive on private land and there is no one else around, but on a public road without insurance is ridiculous even if you do think it is a "fun activity"

truly horified by your attitude!
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

My parents make the choice to let me undertake an illegal activity becuase it is fun!
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And i'm truly horrified that you lot care so much ! I download music off the internet, thats illegal too! Are the BE police going to be after me for that too?

"I have no problem if you want to drive on private land" - I personally don't give a rats arse what you do and do not have a problem with me doing. But, if you're aware of anyone who'd like to let me drive on their farm, do let me know. I live in the city, so driving on private land isn't an option.

Crikey.

About half the parents of kids my age that live in my town give their children access to their alcohol and sometimes cigarettes.

As others said, it is commonplace in this part of the world for people to let their kids drive the car.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

And lets be real here - I don't need advice on whether or not driving 4 months (to the date, ironically) before I am eligible to get a license is legal or not. My parents make the choice to let me drive their car on quiet roads because I find driving on those said quiet roads a fun activity.

We are aware its illegal, and of what the penalties are. That was a given.
You really need to consider what you are posting before you press the submit tab...because you are coming across as an arrogant 15 year old. You seem to thinks it's clever to post about breaking the law...it is not. You are also breaking Site Rules.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You really need to consider what you are posting before you press the submit tab...
I agree.

I never said anything was clever - I just stated that we were aware and that was it.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

And i'm truly horrified that you lot care so much ! I download music off the internet, thats illegal too! Are the BE police going to be after me for that too?

"I have no problem if you want to drive on private land" - I personally don't give a rats arse what you do and do not have a problem with me doing. But, if you're aware of anyone who'd like to let me drive on their farm, do let me know. I live in the city, so driving on private land isn't an option.

Crikey.

About half the parents of kids my age that live in my town give their children access to their alcohol and sometimes cigarettes.

As others said, it is commonplace in this part of the world for people to let their kids drive the car.
I agree.

I never said anything was clever - I just stated that we were aware and that was it.
You've already been asked to reign it in a little. ..I suggest you do just that. Perhaps if you give yourself a break from BE you may come back with a new and improved attitude.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thread closed.