Cost of Living UK

Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:45 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Living UK

Originally Posted by thatman
Why should you be glad I don't leave near you tr1boy - you know nothing about me. Perhaps the time of posting and your silly gesture had something to do with it.
I was passing a comment that I was glad I didn't live in UK if £45k was a comfortable amount to live on in S of England. People I know who live in the Midlands earn and live on quite alot less than that.
The only way i could help the OP was to comment on my own situation, and i figured that was better then nothing, as Nrth Lincolnshire is very different to the STH of England . It was quite clear that the way you twisted my words you was condeming my reply and the question...... asked originally.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

This thread has made me feel all warm and happy with all the talk about Wokingham, Thatcham and Newbury. I'm from Pangbourne. Can we have a Thames Valley group hug?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

ok
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:20 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

You can live comfortably on £45 k under almost all normal circumstances.

You can live more comfortably on more and just the same on less.

In other words I guess you'll be ok of you are budgeting on that income and don't have any very unusual encumbrances.

Good luck if you decide to go to S of England.!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cost of Living UK

Originally Posted by alexleeson
Hi All,

I have heard so many things about cost of living increasing in the last year or so in the UK.

For those in the UK and that have moved back - what I really wanted to get is a clear idea of how much does a comfortable lifestyle cost in the UK? I am thinking of moving to Berkshire and travelling into London by train. I have one child (four years old). My wife will not work (hoping for another child).

By comfortable I mean - a normal 3 bed house(will rent initially), 2 cars, transport to London, council tax, utilities, groceries, private health, entertainment (not excessive, just the odd cinema, theatre, restaurant), a summer and winter holiday plus savings.

Question 1: How much do all these things cost these days?

Question 2: What kind of salary is 'comfortable'? I know its way above average salaries, but my initial guestimate is 80k, am I really far off?

Thanks..
Hi there my daughter in law lived out of London and went in by train every day her company from memory got her a subsidised ticket and it came out of her wages (so it was like a season ticket) it cost her at the reduced rate around 3k a year and she lived in Surrey......Sorry i cant be of help with anything else...Good luck with everything...
Cheers
Cally