The cost of living

Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The cost of living

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Medication is not free! Until aged 60+.
For a lot of people it is and for those that it isn't, £6 odd quid might as well be free.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:01 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
For a lot of people it is and for those that it isn't, £6 odd quid might as well be free.
£7.20 per item.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

£7.20 per item.
LOL, you can almost pay that in prescription fees alone here, NOT counting the medication. And bare in mind even then many a sick person in the US would LOVE to be in Canada, even if the frothing right wing loon politicians there paint it as some sort of healthcare hell!

Some people dont know when they have it good!

Last edited by iaink; Mar 17th 2010 at 6:25 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

£7.20 per item.
like I said, that's pretty much free.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

£7.20 per item.
That is soooo cheap. Thank god for the NHS.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:34 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Medication is not free! Until aged 60+.
You really do spout some crap. I dont pay a penny and i'm 46
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

emcee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cliff1961
Hi

I am currently living in Wales in the United kingdom, been travelling back and for to Texas for the past 4 years spending 6 months at a time in Texas.
I fist found the cost of living in United States cheap, but the more and more i visit and compare i have to admit it is far more EXPENSIVE!

Property in the UK may be a little more expensive as land is more smaller!
Petrol in the UK is a little more expensive too.
mean while there is unlimited public transport throughout the country where many people drive their car and park it at a train station, catch a train to their final work destination.

You have more competition in supermarkets buying one get one free!
Utilities for running a house is more expensive in United States, from one state to another cost of Electricity veries, far more expensive in the south as you are in more demand for it related to air conditioning.
In the UK regards to what part of the country you live the same supplier charges the same rate all over.

I had plans to move over to texas and marry my Fiance' but the cost of living puts me off! especially the NO:1 cost of Health Insurance is a Big Rip OFF.

In the UK even though you pay more tax on everything your health service, mediction is FREE. Not happy with national Health then you have the opportunity of a Private health insurance.
I see your dilemma, Cliff1961. I hope you resolve it happily for both you and your engaged. I'm fortunate to have a job that pays health insurance here in California. But I'm pretty definite that, come June, I won't extend my contract, but will instead come home. As someone else on the thread - hang the finances and go where you're happy.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:15 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
You really do spout some crap. I dont pay a penny and i'm 46
Nice