Was it a conspiracy ?

Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was it a conspiracy ?

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Totally agree with your replies. Trouble is, Big pete is blinkered about the UK and reckons that Spain will be way better for him. Good luck to him I say. I have an uncle who emigrated to Spain 10 years ago now. They live in a nice area between Alicante and Valencia, they had lots of upheaval because of that land grabbing issue. Then they were broken into up in the mountains, so they moved into the town to a top floor penthouse apartment. Three weeks later....they were broken into. They return yearly to the UK for health treatment because they reckon the Spanish doctors by them are useless. My uncle would love to return to the UK...can't afford to now.

My friend from brum who moved from spain 2 years ago also had trouble with property purchase. Work, sounds a nightmare earning 6 euros an hour and even that is only is seasonal, been a downward spiral of financial losses, shes sold the car now as cant afford to service/run it. She also uses hopes to use the NHS for surgery she needs. The only good thing so far is she has loved the spanish weather, high price to pay for a bit of sun but there you go.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:15 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Maybe those who have lived overseas can help you do you think you could actually do a bit of research on other countries before posting again, just so you know what your talking about.

Smoking outside in Uk, are you oblivious to the fact that in say OZ you cant smoke, in beaches, parks, 10m of buildings and soon to be cars, on the spot fines.

Your always going on about hospitals, how about the 40 people in NZ with possible mad cow disease from hospital instruments, now big pete if that was the UK it would have been SLIGHTLY BIG NEWS probably acompanied by your favourite headline, " Lets get the furk out of here were all gonna die"

You comments about food, taxes and and bills are laughable, given what some of that costs here

Debt levels in other countries, again, do a bit of study.

Just about everything your saying is similar elsewhere, but best of all
your complaiining britain is multi racial so your going to solve that one by becoming an immigrant.
I dont give a stuff what OZ is like we are talking about UK
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:16 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
High taxes - don't make me laugh! As a self-employed person in the US I am paying 52% of my net earnings in various taxes (federal, state, Social Security, Medicare). And healthcare premiums/co-pays/non-covered-bits and property taxes on top of it. If you thought council taxes were high - come to California....).

And the significance of 'nice weather' is highly overrated.
Likewise i dont give a stuff about USA we are talking about UK !
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I can understand why comments like the above are made by Big Pete and people like him. I was of a similar mind before I emigrated

All I ever saw was that the UK was rubbish in every way possible - how different and wonderful Oz was going to be - great lifestyle, low taxes, low cost of living OMG after a year living away did I wake up and realise that it wasn't that bad here at all.

Hope your dreams come true Pete - and if you do find Utopia please give us a shout and we'll follow
OZ again !! u chose the wrong place ..
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by seasprite
Oh for Petes sake...ooh sorry couldn't resist...Well I am sorry you have such a clouded view. I do agree with some of what you say..but these are the "problems" we face living in affluent countries. We do not have rates here, not smoking is good,taxed less here than say Oz or USA,migrants provide necessary workforce,MRSA is a worry, as is the UK companies closing down/ using cheaper places abroad but this is because as a large consumer society with choices people prefer cheapest,food cost us more in Oz. We prefer using farm shops here, keep it close to home, know what it is and eat in season..cheaper and more "green", rubbish..people need to be more responsible for it and if they cannot do it alone then yes penalise them. I have recycled for over 2 decades but do it becuase I care, house prices..shall we have a recession then?!,electrical stuff being cheap; don't care,multi racial..have been since the Danes first came over!,football...could do better,no should do better,oh I am losing will now, debt of people concerns me as I feel it will force a recession in time though we are debt free, crime actually falling, overhyped,need rain to stop drought, bugs!?,resorts; off to Newquay for our main hol..yipee!,too many big cars on road,you forgot car park fees!,too many supermarkets, tv licence...happy to pay for decent tv. Phew...so yes, you made a few valid points but not 27 Pete! Hey what do you do for fun in the Uk and how will this differ in Spain?

Fun in the Uk ?
Your having a wind up surely well lets think ?

Well cant have a barbecue evening in winter months thats for sure ..
Nor can we take the boat out for a cruise around our glorious beaches ..
Cant have a walk around a marina and then follow that with a top meal overlooking the sun setting over the blue clear seas ..
Could go for a walk in the country i guess , but i live in the country bored of that one ...
Could take a drive up the town and see what new shops have been closed i guess..
Could play Dare ! go up town at 1.00am and see if i can survive the drunks on my way back to the carpark , thats always a challenge
Maybe struggle in the traffic jams to see if the Boots and Woolworths shops in the next bigger town are bigger than my local ones !!

On second thoughts lets just switch the telly on as usual as 90% of us do..
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Fun in the Uk ?
Big petes fun time , grab some ear muffs, a set of blinkers, turn on the telly, grab a copy of the daily mail and moannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:54 pm
Banned

Why is it that the only answers that come back is always !!

Well you think you have it tough ? In OZ we pay more !!

or our waste is collected monthly 2 weeks is great !!

Look i only tell it as it is Dont shoot the messenger as they say !

Also if you had a car crash and lost your leg ? Would it make your leg better by someone saying thats nothing i lost 2 legs and me right arm ?

No Way !! So i dont care if in OZ you have it tougher or in USA you got more taxes ...
The fact is we can play the game , Your grass is greener than mine !

Uk is still ok , but dont kid yourself its on the up and up ? It is not i would love to not have to move to get a quality life !! All the hassle of selling up moving new language etc.. Would love it to be warmer here , and most of all for us middle class to fund the whole of the country to STOP !! but it isnt going to is it ? so time to move to sunny Cheap spain which will cost me 50% less to live ! I believe in paying for what you want so Spain , with its Tough stance on spongers suits me !! ..It Has cleaner better hospitals ,clear seas , friendlier people , NO spongers , daily waste collections , UK TV , useable swimming pools , and barbecues . and only 2 hours from UK !!

What more does a man need ? Dolly bird on one arm , sunshine , swimming pool with sea views , and cheap living expenses
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why is it that the only answers that come back is always !!

Well you think you have it tough ? In OZ we pay more !!

or our waste is collected monthly 2 weeks is great !!

Look i only tell it as it is Dont shoot the messenger as they say !

Also if you had a car crash and lost your leg ? Would it make your leg better by someone saying thats nothing i lost 2 legs and me right arm ?

No Way !! So i dont care if in OZ you have it tougher or in USA you got more taxes ...
The fact is we can play the game , Your grass is greener than mine !

Uk is still ok , but dont kid yourself its on the up and up ? It is not i would love to not have to move to get a quality life !! All the hassle of selling up moving new language etc.. Would love it to be warmer here , and most of all for us middle class to fund the whole of the country to STOP !! but it isnt going to is it ? so time to move to sunny Cheap spain which will cost me 50% less to live ! I believe in paying for what you want so Spain , with its Tough stance on spongers suits me !! ..It Has cleaner better hospitals ,clear seas , friendlier people , NO spongers , daily waste collections , UK TV , useable swimming pools , and barbecues . and only 2 hours from UK !!

What more does a man need ? Dolly bird on one arm , sunshine , swimming pool with sea views , and cheap living expenses

Answer to your dreams then

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...sprune=-1&f=75

And good luck with the dolly bird I didnt realise people talked like that anymore, have an image now, your the bloke from on the buses
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jad n rich
My friend from brum who moved from spain 2 years ago also had trouble with property purchase. Work, sounds a nightmare earning 6 euros an hour and even that is only is seasonal, been a downward spiral of financial losses, shes sold the car now as cant afford to service/run it. She also uses hopes to use the NHS for surgery she needs. The only good thing so far is she has loved the spanish weather, high price to pay for a bit of sun but there you go.
Oh dont move to Spain if you need to work , hardly much of that there
Its for retiring to and for holidays Dont want none of that work spoiling the fun ..
Stay in Uk if you need to work , work hard earn more than you need to live on and save save save then get away !! Unless you have work set up its a recipe for disaster if you ask me !

Altenately Uk suits the poor the best ! as its the finest country in the world for poking its nose into every other countrys problems ! Giving free housing , healthcare, dental care, and food supplies to those who have nothing .no matter if they have ever paid into the system or not !!
When the money runs out the government just put taxes on things so as to pay for it , brilliant scheme for the poor not so good for the working man who has to work 80 hours a week to stay ahead of the game is it ?

But yes you can have a life in Uk and lots are content ,

Then again what makes content ?

Now i am sure everyone will remember there first car ? Mine was a Minor 1000 a old clapped out pile of junk being honest but it was mine
I drove it it ran alright a bit noisy and smokey but worked and i was happy in it ..
Then one day i get to drive something like a Mercedes Sports , quick quiet fast and comfy !! Suddenly the Minor 1000 isnt so good anymore now i have had a taste of a real car correct ?

Life is like that and the average man content with his little terraced ex council home knows no different !! Loves Uk its all he knows after all ..
Only when he maybe stays somewhere else does he think wow life is better in this house , then the problems start and he gets depressed etc,etc..

This is the problem with the Uk majority know no different and cant get to sample any better life so are content , and on they plod..
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Its for retiring to and for holidays Dont want none of that work spoiling the fun ..
Stay in Uk if you need to work , work hard earn more than you need to live on and save save save then get away !! Unless you have work set up its a recipe for disaster if you ask me !

Altenately Uk suits the poor the best ! as its the finest country in the world for poking its nose into every other countrys problems ! Giving free housing , healthcare, dental care, and food supplies to those who have nothing .no matter if they have ever paid into the system or not !!
When the money runs out the government just put taxes on things so as to pay for it , brilliant scheme for the poor not so good for the working man who has to work 80 hours a week to stay ahead of the game is it ?

But yes you can have a life in Uk and lots are content ,

Then again what makes content ?

Now i am sure everyone will remember there first car ? Mine was a Minor 1000 a old clapped out pile of junk being honest but it was mine
I drove it it ran alright a bit noisy and smokey but worked and i was happy in it ..
Then one day i get to drive something like a Mercedes Sports , quick quiet fast and comfy !! Suddenly the Minor 1000 isnt so good anymore now i have had a taste of a real car correct ?

Life is like that and the average man content with his little terraced ex council home knows no different !! Loves Uk its all he knows after all ..
Only when he maybe stays somewhere else does he think wow life is better in this house , then the problems start and he gets depressed etc,etc..

This is the problem with the Uk majority know no different and cant get to sample any better life so are content , and on they plod..

Sorry but you sound like the Daily Mail read the Guardian instead it is much better.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter what other people want, I personally don't live my life around what people think or how they live or even what the media is saying. I make my own decisions, based on my life and what I want out of it. I went to Oz in my early 20's people thought I was mad at the time, why I would want to go somewhere I had never been before and didn't know a soul. I arrived with an open mind and then made my life from there. Good and bad. I returned 12 years later, mainly to be near family and the saying for me, that you can't go back probably rang true. I didn't like being back as I had got used to another lifestyle. I now live in Spain, have a beautiful house, with sea and valley views, all day sunshine on my terrace, pool etc in a spanish community where no one speaks English and have made me very welcome. I had never been to Spain either when I went there, didn't know anyone and didn't speak Spanish. But I have brought the house, dealt with Spanish workmen, Hungarian builders etc and re-furbished my house and made some good friends. My company is now based in UK, so I commute when I want to, which is once/twice a month and I made it work for me. People thought I was mad to do it. But I've now been here 4 years, and made a success of it, yet there are many returning broke back to the UK. If I had listened to anyone I wouldn't have gone to Oz or down here to Spain or even entered the industry I did.

It isn't utopia, there is crime etc and people have been murdered near me and I hear of other things happening. But I'm happy here, I also travel for my work to other countries I have entered a new male chavaunistic industry, which people thought me crazy, but I have built up a good company with my business partner and we are now expanding world wide. So I personally don't give a damn what other people are doing with their lives or what makes them happy or not - not totally true, but I hope you know what I mean. All I care about is what makes me personally happy and what country I'm happy in and whether I can make a living or not. as well as nowdays, having access to my family, which wasn't so easy being the other side of the world. Some things I have experienced, good and bad what other Brits have in Spain, in Australia, the Middle East, South Africa all which I've lived in. But at the end of the day it is your life, what you want out of it and where you will be happy and what happens in your particular life that is important and you have to live where ever it suit you and your family. I learnt along time ago, not to live my life around other people, because often you can end up disappointed and others will always do what they want to do also.

Too many people live in fear of going into the unknown and often it holds them back from really living. If you want to experience life you sometimes have to take a gamble and it is all part of life's adventure. You can either live your life, or stay safe and don't try anything new and live in your comfort zone for the rest of it. Everywhere has it's problems, where there are people and governments, there never will be total utopia. The main thing is finding which country gives you the ticks in the box of what you want to give you a quality lifestyle whatever it is and sometimes going to another country it takes time to build up that life to get it how you want it to. Some make it happen, other unfortunately don't. It also doesn't matter where you live in the world, life is always a rollercoaster of ups and downs and at times it can be tough.

People can't tell you what to do, because only you know what you want from your life and whatever it is, YOU have to make it happen, because at the end of the day, you will be living the decision. I was in Limbo land for quite along time, I found it has got easier by putting foundations down in having a home, making friends, doing a job I like etc, it makes it easier. I've managed to get the ticks in the boxes to make my life how I want it and it is achievable. Everywhere I have lived there are things I don't like and those that I do. The main thing is to try and get as much positive experience out of it as you can. I found the negativity in UK does effect me and how I view things, I now try and avoid people who are like that, as it is easy to be dragged into it. There are alot of postives still in UK as well as the negatives and whether UK is right for you, only you will know the answer to that. It may be the best thing you do going back, it may be the worst. But life is a gamble.

When I need to make a decision, I make a list of the negatives and then the postives, and decide how important the negatives are to me. By listing them, your own personal list may give you the answer you are looking for. Forget any other person's list, it is your's that is important.

What ever you decide I wish you happiness.

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Before leaving the UK 18 months ago, I was caught up in the whole negative thing, everywhere I went people were moaning about the country and the government, immigration, youth culture, lack of respect. crime, safety etc, etc

Me and OH were feeling really unhappy about the way the country was and worrying about where it would all end and surely something terrible would happen soon (again, etc, etc)

So, we jumped ship before it sunk, whatelse could we do, it was a really bad situation - apparently

Now I have this feeling of betrayal, I feel that I started running and when I finally stopped to look round nobody had followed, all those people that hate it there are still living there, in the 18 months that I have been gone nothing has changed

I gave up my home, job, moved my children and they all carried on like normal as if none of these terrible things are happening at all and it was one big joke

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter or resentful and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular it is just that I can't explain the feeling any other way.

We are now stuck in limbo, we don't regret leaving but have this strong feeling of wanting to return but are now scared of making the wrong decision

I know that none of you can tell me what I should do but I would appreciate any sort of feedback, perhaps some of you can relate to this feeling
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:05 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Too right!! Because none of the people in the "Moving back to the UK" forum know any better, do they? It's not like any of them have lived outside the UK so they can judge for themselves whether life is better or worse elsewhere, eh?

witless chump
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:33 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Fun in the Uk ?

Well cant have a barbecue evening in winter months thats for sure ..
Nor can we take the boat out for a cruise around our glorious beaches ..
Cant have a walk around a marina and then follow that with a top meal overlooking the sun setting over the blue clear seas ..
Could go for a walk in the country i guess , but i live in the country bored of that one ...
Could take a drive up the town and see what new shops have been closed i guess..
Could play Dare ! go up town at 1.00am and see if i can survive the drunks on my way back to the carpark , thats always a challenge
Maybe struggle in the traffic jams to see if the Boots and Woolworths shops in the next bigger town are bigger than my local ones !!

On second thoughts lets just switch the telly on as usual as 90% of us do..
Sounds like what we do now......

A part from we can't walk around the marina here cus the rich will phone the cops....but we had a lovely one over looking the sea in the UK...with great nightlife and good places to eat...I do miss that ...
we don't struggle in the traffic to go to wollies I'll give you that..but we do to shop in a bigger Wal-mart...
Shops are closing around here at a scary rate...this is the playground of the rich and famous you'd think there would be enough money spent here in summer to keep shops open...

You can BBQ in any weather you light weight...
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by krizzy
You can BBQ in any weather you light weight...
Reminds me of a BBQ we had once in the middle of a huge deluge. I had a friend holding an umbrella over me while I cooked the food on the barbie. Everyone else was safely indoors. You certainly didn't have to worry about your beer not staying cold and the food still tasted good.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:06 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Pete please don't tell me that you are retiring to Spain. After all your lectures about how crap the UK is am I correct in assuming that you have made your money here and are now planning to relax in the Spanish sunshine.

There is a world of difference between emmigrating to a place where you have to work and save for your future and just going over there with a pot of money and a healthy bank balance. Please put me out of my misery and tell me I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.