Confession

Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:13 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confession

Stacey dont you dare think of deleting your account this is what this site is for, good luck in whatever you do and you are certainly not a failure
Old May 1st 2007, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough

Well we have been here since End of Jan 07 we settled on the gold coast (Currumbin) which is a really nice place since we been here we have applied for loads of work with no joy ,the ones you speak to over here in Oz kept telling me to apply for anything i did still no luck ,they would rather employ school kids so they can pay peanuts , i did do some causal work here but they just use you .now we are planning our trip home i spoke to my boss in uk he is willing give my job back ,we are glad we tried its a beautiful things can be Quite expensive over here.
The trouble here its not what you know its who you know
Old May 1st 2007, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joe38
Well we have been here since End of Jan 07 we settled on the gold coast (Currumbin) which is a really nice place since we been here we have applied for loads of work with no joy ,the ones you speak to over here in Oz kept telling me to apply for anything i did still no luck ,they would rather employ school kids so they can pay peanuts , i did do some causal work here but they just use you .now we are planning our trip home i spoke to my boss in uk he is willing give my job back ,we are glad we tried its a beautiful things can be Quite expensive over here.
Good luck to you on your journey back home. There are many more doing the same!
Old May 1st 2007, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joe38
That is so true!
Old May 1st 2007, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike&jo
We did that at xmas, we went back and didn't tell anyone apart from one Aunt, because we needed somewhere to stay xmas eve.

So, we arrived home xmas eve, collected a hire car from Manchester airport, then drove to my Aunts. We stayed at my Aunt's that night, then drove to my BIL's at 8am xmas morning (our kids had already opened their presents by this time), my OH knocked on the door dressed as santa! Our nephews and nieces (youngest is 4) where sooo happy to see us (and santa)
Then we all drove up to my M & FIL's - needless to say there were a few tears and they all had a stiff drink by 9.30am.
It was all worth it though, nobody had a clue, and they all said that we 'made' their xmas

How wonderful, it made me feel all funny when I read your post. How I would love to surprise my sister by knocking on her door. I know there would be loads of tears, tears of Joy.

Husband has found a job, he is casual so no holiday pay for us. Just taking it a day at a time, and enjoying them. I feel better here now knowing that I’m going to go home, than trying to kid myself that Oz is for me and I will grow old and grey here.

I'm not going to leave BE I need you to much.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Stacey. xx

Last edited by stacey and jordan; May 1st 2007 at 11:45 am.
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Thank you all for your replies, i was so worried about posting. I did think about resigning from BE

We have been here for about 4 months. We have still got the Equity of the house to fall back on to get us home. My husband said he would do what ever makes me happy. Which means yes he wants to go home, but if we regret it then it's my fault.

The Gold Coast is a nice place, but I personally don't find it very friendly. To live in the area i like which is central and about 10-15 minutes from the beach, we are looking at about $450 to $600 and with the interest rate they way it is we have got no chance.

Certain things shocked me. I missed picking the kids up from school, waiting outside on the playground talking to all the other moms. At my kids school they all drop them off outside the gates. I found in the summer i kept my kids in as it was far to hot and the sun being so strong burned them very quickly even with cream. I feel cold when the Temp drops to 22 c

I am glad we came as our opinions on a lot of things have changed. We came from a town (2 hours from the beach) with not much to do, to the Gold Coasts with heaps to do. We have decided on return back to England we would like to try some where different (a beach close by), but still in distance of family. I think if we had never of moved to Australia we would have always stayed in our home town thinking what if.

We have got 2 months left on our rental, hopefully hubby will find a job soon. So we can enjoy and explore Australia whilst we're here, and not have to worry about our financial situation of staying in Australia.

Stacey
Hi stacey,

I can remember not long ago talking to you and a whole heap of others about the excitement of it all. we've been here 4 months too (In adelaide) and i am not very happy either. I know we've not been here long, and that the culture shock is still an issue but I miss my job, my career, my friends and my life. The quality of life is different but it's too slow for me.

I have no friends out here and - to be honest am a little worried about making any - and everyone seems to spend all their time in doors. It took 3 months for my paperwork for teaching to come through so I've gone from a very stressed English teacher to someone who gets to sit at home all day. someone who think " i won't clean the bathroom today... what'll i do tommorrow?" I am normally a very busy person who is always entertaining friends or working and although I welcome the rest, too much of it is a pain in the arse!

We've pretty much decided to stick at it until December. When we're flying back to be at a friends wedding. We have people from the U.K. coming out to visit us and then my Best friend is coming over and we're flying back with them.

I know it's hard but I think a year isn't a bad thing. It'll give me time to know that I really gave it a go and that it really isn't for me. i can't wait to buy a new house, a new car and get married back in the U.K. 2008 is going to be a busy year!

I should start teaching soon - fingers crossed - but i still miss my old job. It's been kept open for me so I'll be back in jan 08. Can't wait!

Just wanted to say - don't beat yourself up about it - You feel what you feel and that's ok. I feel the same way. Spend a lot of the time watching Skype - especially when I know people are awake and for some reason don't sleep until 2am. I think i just want contact from home. Unfortunately now, with the time difference, I can only get that at weekends! Everyone I know in England actually has a job! lol

Last edited by Mochinbach; May 2nd 2007 at 7:50 am.
Old May 5th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
Hi stacey,

I can remember not long ago talking to you and a whole heap of others about the excitement of it all. we've been here 4 months too (In adelaide) and i am not very happy either. I know we've not been here long, and that the culture shock is still an issue but I miss my job, my career, my friends and my life. The quality of life is different but it's too slow for me.

I have no friends out here and - to be honest am a little worried about making any - and everyone seems to spend all their time in doors. It took 3 months for my paperwork for teaching to come through so I've gone from a very stressed English teacher to someone who gets to sit at home all day. someone who think " i won't clean the bathroom today... what'll i do tommorrow?" I am normally a very busy person who is always entertaining friends or working and although I welcome the rest, too much of it is a pain in the arse!

We've pretty much decided to stick at it until December. When we're flying back to be at a friends wedding. We have people from the U.K. coming out to visit us and then my Best friend is coming over and we're flying back with them.

I know it's hard but I think a year isn't a bad thing. It'll give me time to know that I really gave it a go and that it really isn't for me. i can't wait to buy a new house, a new car and get married back in the U.K. 2008 is going to be a busy year!

I should start teaching soon - fingers crossed - but i still miss my old job. It's been kept open for me so I'll be back in jan 08. Can't wait!

Just wanted to say - don't beat yourself up about it - You feel what you feel and that's ok. I feel the same way. Spend a lot of the time watching Skype - especially when I know people are awake and for some reason don't sleep until 2am. I think i just want contact from home. Unfortunately now, with the time difference, I can only get that at weekends! Everyone I know in England actually has a job! lol
Hi sorry to hear you are having a bad time as well, but the year will fly by you watch (we are nearly half way through ). At least you've got people coming out to see you soon. If we decide to stay a bit longer we won't see any of our family until next may which seem like a life time away. Whats Adelaide like?

Stacey. x x
Old May 5th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

I might just not tell my friends and family that I'm coming home, and just turn up on there door steps.
I did that 10 years ago on my return from America - I was escaping from an abusive husband tho

Lynn xx
Old May 6th 2007, 10:40 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
I always thought if someone needed aid whilst they indoors and lived alone they would never be found
Sadly this is very much the case in OZ. Neighbours who never talk to each other. Took best part of 3 yrs before my neighbour talked to me, and even now it's only an occaisional 'Hi" if they see me. Many people living alone in OZ have passed away and only been brought to the attention of the police and media due to the smell of the decomposing body. Shameful really.
Old May 7th 2007, 12:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Sadly this is very much the case in OZ. Neighbours who never talk to each other. Took best part of 3 yrs before my neighbour talked to me, and even now it's only an occaisional 'Hi" if they see me. Many people living alone in OZ have passed away and only been brought to the attention of the police and media due to the smell of the decomposing body. Shameful really.
Unfortunately that is a situation that happens all over the world. It's not an "Australian" problem.

Stacey, I haven't read all the thread, but I hope you are able to do what you want, when you want. If you ever want a coffee with someone you don't know feel free to shout. I'm only down the road a bit.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've only spoken to the woman next door once. She stood at the end of the garden screaming "I want to talk to you". When i had got dressed and gone outside she then yelled at me from the street that she was sick of the postman leaving my parcels with her. To which I politely said that she could refuse to accept them and we would get them from the Post Office.
Her reply was "It was a parcel from England too. With your address on but they gave it to me. " in a voice that suggested this was a criminal offence to get a parcel from England.
I said thats right, I get lots of them, postman must have got the wrong house.
She said - horrified - "You aren't ENGLISH are you? well, I put your parcel out in the street. Don't get any more sent to me."
And with that she went back into her house and slammed the door!!!

Fortunately the landlord had found the parcel on the side of the road and brought it in when he came to do the garden.

Neighbours! I prefered the Englsih ones that just ignored me!!
Old May 7th 2007, 10:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've only spoken to the woman next door once. She stood at the end of the garden screaming "I want to talk to you". When i had got dressed and gone outside she then yelled at me from the street that she was sick of the postman leaving my parcels with her. To which I politely said that she could refuse to accept them and we would get them from the Post Office.
Her reply was "It was a parcel from England too. With your address on but they gave it to me. " in a voice that suggested this was a criminal offence to get a parcel from England.
I said thats right, I get lots of them, postman must have got the wrong house.
She said - horrified - "You aren't ENGLISH are you? well, I put your parcel out in the street. Don't get any more sent to me."
And with that she went back into her house and slammed the door!!!

Fortunately the landlord had found the parcel on the side of the road and brought it in when he came to do the garden.

Neighbours! I prefered the Englsih ones that just ignored me!!
you really need to move down here Polly, we are the only brits here and everybody has been fantastic we've had offers of everything from irons to washing machines till our stuff arrives. the woman at the furniture shop has even lent us a nest of tables! I just cannot imagine that happening back in the uk.
Old May 8th 2007, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Unfortunately that is a situation that happens all over the world. It's not an "Australian" problem.

Stacey, I haven't read all the thread, but I hope you are able to do what you want, when you want. If you ever want a coffee with someone you don't know feel free to shout. I'm only down the road a bit.
Thanks Moneypen20 that would be nice. Got a question if that's OK as i know you've been here a while Do you know if there are any big playground parks. I've been to the one opposite Australia Fair but are there others around.

Might sound like a silly question but my kids do like the park, and sometimes the one Opposite Australia Fair gets a little busy and the Traffic can be a killer. I have been looking just keep finding small parks.

Many Thanks Again Stacey
Old May 8th 2007, 6:20 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike&jo
We did that at xmas, we went back and didn't tell anyone apart from one Aunt, because we needed somewhere to stay xmas eve.

So, we arrived home xmas eve, collected a hire car from Manchester airport, then drove to my Aunts. We stayed at my Aunt's that night, then drove to my BIL's at 8am xmas morning (our kids had already opened their presents by this time), my OH knocked on the door dressed as santa! Our nephews and nieces (youngest is 4) where sooo happy to see us (and santa)
Then we all drove up to my M & FIL's - needless to say there were a few tears and they all had a stiff drink by 9.30am.
It was all worth it though, nobody had a clue, and they all said that we 'made' their xmas

How wonderful, it made me feel all funny when I read your post. How I would love to surprise my sister by knocking on her door. I know there would be loads of tears, tears of Joy.

Husband has found a job, he is casual so no holiday pay for us. Just taking it a day at a time, and enjoying them. I feel better here now knowing that I’m going to go home, than trying to kid myself that Oz is for me and I will grow old and grey here.

I'm not going to leave BE I need you to much.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Stacey. xx
Pleased to hear you at least have some money coming in Stacey. Keep your chin up girl, I've wanted to go home for over 10 years....
Old May 8th 2007, 6:42 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

And in the UK....i live in a close of 16 semi detatched houses. My direct neighbour is the only one who says hello...i have been there 9 years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.