Cold Feet???

Old May 8th 2005, 3:22 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cold Feet???

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
I think it is insane to make a life changing decison on the basis of a 5 day trip. I hope you gained your US citizenship because if you move back to the UK as a green card holder and one day in the distant future you decide that you want to move back to the US, you are up s h i t creek without a paddle because you will have to start the US immigration process all over again.
First of all:
The decision was NOT based on a 5 day trip, that was for interviews and house hunting, the decision has been planned for over 1 year, and yes, we are both US citizens and are going to rent our house here for a year in case we dont like it (which I hope isnt the case).
And second:
If you read my earlier posts, you will see that I dont like it here in the US, and love it back in England.
Both counties have good and bad points, this is my personal choice,
Rob
Old May 8th 2005, 1:12 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
First of all:
The decision was NOT based on a 5 day trip, that was for interviews and house hunting, the decision has been planned for over 1 year, and yes, we are both US citizens and are going to rent our house here for a year in case we dont like it (which I hope isnt the case).
And second:
If you read my earlier posts, you will see that I dont like it here in the US, and love it back in England.
Rob
Well that's good to hear, that you have made informed decisions. So what is it that you don't like about the US? .....the area you live in? the people? the culture? or is it you just miss the UK? I have to say that when I first moved to the US, I hated it with the passion mainly because of the city(Baltimore) I was living in,the people there, high crime rate and the terrible climate. However, my attitude radically changed when we took the risk of moving north to New England. The people are so much nicer and laid back, the climate is like the UK, low crime but most of all its a beautiful area of the country. Even though I have my US citizenship now, I would never move back to the UK on a permanent basis.
Old May 8th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

well...........i wouldnt jump the gun and make a snap decision, trob! we came back from canada recently and for the first few days n weeks it was good, great in fact. then after we settled in, it all started to dawn on us, what a big mistake we made! there are so many variables--if you are marred, with kids, what the kids think, what your wife thinks, what do YOU really want in life, not just the next few months etc etc. its not easy--just look at my postings on here and you will see what we have been through, and are going thru even now--one problem after another!!!ho-hum!!

Dear all
We just returned from a 5 day trip to England, a fact finding trip. It went better than we had hoped! I was offered a job on the spot, for better money than I had hoped, she was told by 3 employment agencies she would have no problem when we move back, viewed some loverly cottages we can afford. Felt so at home with old friends down the pub and even relearnt to drive stick on the other side of the road. Everything felt normal and good.
So why am I getting cold feet?? I dont want to be here in the US anymore, and I want to go home.
But something feels "wrong" and I cant figure it out yet.....
Anyone else been through this
Thanks
Rob
Old May 8th 2005, 3:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

First of all:
And second:
Rob
No-one can tell you whether you should or should not go back to the UK. The 'wrong' feeling you have may just be natural 'cold feet' or it may be a warning you should listen too.

Have you thought about relocating elsewhere in the US? Or to Canada (as US citizens you may be able to get NAFTA work permits while you wait for PR). Or even Australia, New Zealand or somewhere else if you qualify to immigrate.

Jeremy