Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Co- parenting from USA to UK

Co- parenting from USA to UK

Old Jan 16th 2022, 6:34 am
Just Joined

WhoisDory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Co- parenting from USA to UK

I’m looking to move back home, we have a 10 year old who my ex sees every two weeks. Has anyone else done this. How did time share work? Travel costs for the child to visit? He currently wants him all summer, every Christmas and Easter… no idea! 🙄 which obviously we don’t work it like that right now.
Any advice appreciated
Old Jan 16th 2022, 6:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Co- parenting from USA to UK

It will depend on the agreement you reach, there's no law as to who pays for travel costs AFAIK. I'd imagine that you'd be expected to pay travel costs as you are taking the child abroad, but you might be able to negotiate on that and get your ex to contribute. You'll need it all in writing whatever you do, so start talking and see if he's prepared to pay anything towards it.

Good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2022, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Sabrinahntr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WhoisDory
I’m looking to move back home, we have a 10 year old who my ex sees every two weeks. Has anyone else done this. How did time share work? Travel costs for the child to visit? He currently wants him all summer, every Christmas and Easter… no idea! 🙄 which obviously we don’t work it like that right now.
Any advice appreciated
I moved my 6 year old child to England and her father remained in the US. We flew back every Easter for 2 weeks so they could spend time together. I covered the cost because he allowed me to move away. I think that is great that he can take care of your child several times a year. You guys have to discuss who covers the cost of flights. Will you travel as well? Or pay extra for the flight attendants to babysit?
Old Feb 7th 2022, 12:48 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming he has agreed to allow you to take your son back to the UK to live?