Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

CITY WITH CULTURE,NIGHT LIFE AND SPORTING EVENTS IN UK?

CITY WITH CULTURE,NIGHT LIFE AND SPORTING EVENTS IN UK?

Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:27 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CITY WITH CULTURE,NIGHT LIFE AND SPORTING EVENTS IN UK?

Just check for homes in Buckinghamshire,very nice feel to the place and the homes were impressive but expensive,a few with swimming pools.Seems like Hertfordshire homes offered more land per property for similar pricing.I truly will need to spend time renting in order to learn the various areas.Now if only the dollar can continue to strengthen against the pound that would be pleasant
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:01 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
I went back and read your suggestion.Liverpool is a nice option and I did mention in a earlier post it would be easy getting use to traveling by ferry right over to Ireland from the pool.I know there is a robust university population there wonder how active is the night life scene for we older(30's-50's) folk? Have you spent much time there?
If you choose Liverpool you will have to get used to that accent Saw Brookside a couple of times and didn`t have a clue what half of them were talking about I don`t think the rest of England understands either

If you like football you can watch Liverpool or Everton and watch the delights of Fernando Torres or Mikel Arteta.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:19 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Just check for homes in Buckinghamshire,very nice feel to the place and the homes were impressive but expensive,a few with swimming pools.Seems like Hertfordshire homes offered more land per property for similar pricing.I truly will need to spend time renting in order to learn the various areas.Now if only the dollar can continue to strengthen against the pound that would be pleasant
Careful with swimming pools in the UK because I think they are largely for the wealthy there etc So I imagine the mainatanence costs etc are pretty high and if your looking for a holiday home its not worth it. I know in the USA like Spain swimming pools among the middle classes with a reasonable size garden are the norm but I think in the UK its a real rarity for somebody to have one.

You mention that if the dollar strengthens against the pound..........Well I read somewhere that the dollar usually does better when the democrats are in office and so this may well be the case.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:22 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'd seen the film a couple of times before I went to Colombia. Funnily enough the next time I saw it was just after i left and was on my way to Oz via an extended trip in the US (met my folks in SF and toured around). So everything was pretty fresh in my mind and I remember thinking, 'that's nothing like the airport' especially when he was waiting to be picked up.

Ask me one about Hot Fuzz 'cos that was shot in my hometown.
I can well believe you or anybody else has seen this film several times because I think it must be the most repeated film on TV as it slways seems to be on

Hot Fuzz don`t know that?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I can well believe you or anybody else has seen this film several times because I think it must be the most repeated film on TV as it slways seems to be on

Hot Fuzz don`t know that?
http://www.hotfuzz.co.uk/index.php?pr=Gallery

Says Sandford, Glos, but it was filmed in Wells, Somt.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:43 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

If you choose Liverpool you will have to get used to that accent Saw Brookside a couple of times and didn`t have a clue what half of them were talking about I don`t think the rest of England understands either

If you like football you can watch Liverpool or Everton and watch the delights of Fernando Torres or Mikel Arteta.
de do doh dont de doh - harry enfield
feel free to mock the scots accent
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Calm down, calm down.

Liverpool is great, love it
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:11 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Calm down, calm down.

Liverpool is great, love it
I can read Liverpudlian (I think its written like this) but to understand it is another issue
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:11 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

I love that Liverpudlian accent........I can listen to that all day and lovely, warm down to earth people
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:12 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by kporte
de do doh dont de doh - harry enfield
feel free to mock the scots accent
Actually Scots accent no problems but I am referring to people from the major cities here especially Edinburgh not the really strong sounding stuff.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:13 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by sans
I love that Liverpudlian accent........I can listen to that all day and lovely, warm down to earth people
Is that because of the Irish influence there?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:16 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Is what because of the Irish influance????
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

When i go to Liverpool for some reason i end up speaking like them

What Irish influence? you lost me there.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:19 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Maybe its because they are Northerners and mostly working class ???
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:28 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by sans
Maybe its because they are Northerners and mostly working class ???
Based on that theory Northerners entails a lot of areas of the UK and are the people for example just as friendly in say Hull or Middlesborough etc?

In my work I meet a lot of Brits usually on a weekly basis and once a client from Livepool, stated that Liverpool was unique in the UK because according to him it felt like an island or even a seperate country and quite apart in many ways from the rest of England

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.