Christmas in the UK

Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:23 am
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Christmas in the UK

Originally Posted by ZWogan
Yeah only got here in August and I think I have questioned the decision every single day. I know that there is probably so much more opportunity here for my little girl growing up but I guess I have to be sure too right some days I love it and other days I hate it. I want to have the history with people that I have always had and for it to feel comfortable at the minute it just feels awkward and uncomfortable I just honestly do not know what to do for the best
Hey We've been in Ontario for 4 months, feel really crappy most of the time, but like it sometimes. Missing people so much, finding it hard to cope with. We feel so torn, we can see the positives of being out here but are struggling to let go of the UK. Yes missing British humour sooooooooo much. We're now dealing with Christmas arrrrgh!
Thanks for the video Beedubya, made one very miserable face smile for once! loved it.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:19 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyd65
Hey We've been in Ontario for 4 months, feel really crappy most of the time, but like it sometimes. Missing people so much, finding it hard to cope with. We feel so torn, we can see the positives of being out here but are struggling to let go of the UK. Yes missing British humour sooooooooo much. We're now dealing with Christmas arrrrgh!
Thanks for the video Beedubya, made one very miserable face smile for once! loved it.
I can so relate to this. Christmas in Australia was ALWAYS a struggle for me and seemed to get worse, not better as the years went on.

Glad you like the Christmas cheer.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyd65
gilly I can also sooooo relate to this, being a 36 year expat from the U.S. I can definitely say that Christmas was the worse time of year for me always,
I missed my family more at that time then any other time, and believe me it never gets better,
I thank my lucky stars that Im finally home in England, and it really does feel so right
What do you think of the 130 mph winds in North of England and Scotland today, hope your OK Barb, and also so hope Easterndawn/ Pegie is OK too, wish she would check in from time to time, its hard to let go of someone who was an Inspiration to so many of us,
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

130mph winds? That sounds serious, dont think we got anywhere near that when the hurricane blew through, dont ask me which one!
Thanks, Beedubya, for the video, you cant help but smile at it, and there`s something that`s just so British about it! Is it something to do with our men liking to wear drag?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jemima55
130mph winds? That sounds serious, dont think we got anywhere near that when the hurricane blew through, dont ask me which one!
Thanks, Beedubya, for the video, you cant help but smile at it, and there`s something that`s just so British about it! Is it something to do with our men liking to wear drag?
jemima - I love it because it reminds me that we really are good at not taking ourselves too seriously which I think is a bloody brilliant trait.

Happy Christmas to all - I'll be back in England, first Christmas at home in 7 years can't wait.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:36 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
The REALLY bad hurricane weather has been in Scotland and not quite as bad in the Lake District, here in Cheshire though a grim day it's not been so bad.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Englishman43
jemima - I love it because it reminds me that we really are good at not taking ourselves too seriously which I think is a bloody brilliant trait.

Happy Christmas to all - I'll be back in England, first Christmas at home in 7 years can't wait.
That's what I love about British humour too. It gets tiring living in a country (in my case Oz) where the locals are so good at "bigging" themselves up.

Have a great Christmas.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I honestly realise that it`s largely been my sense of humour and not taking it all too seriously that`s got me through the last few years in the states!
That phrase, coined by an American, "You CANNOT be serious" runs through my head a lot of the time!
Old Dec 18th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZWogan
I want to go home!!!!
ME, TOO!!!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

Really love the videos. You can't beat a bit of British humour and I so miss a good pantomime!

Thanks for the postings!