christmas in uk

Old May 26th 2007, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: christmas in uk

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Atmosphere is sadly lacking here.

After going late night shopping to get those last minute things on Christmas Eve and getting home to the lovely central heating and a house full of family and Christmas spirit.....

Roll on next year...only one more lifeless one to endure!

LibbyX
Makes me laugh how around June/ July here I start feeling all Xmassy because of the dark evenings/winter. Would suddenly get confused as to what month it was. Quite bizarre.
Old May 26th 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Makes me laugh how around June/ July here I start feeling all Xmassy because of the dark evenings/winter. Would suddenly get confused as to what month it was. Quite bizarre.
Me too I just cannot get my head around the fact that in June my brain is telling me it is november and will soon be xmas.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
Me too I just cannot get my head around the fact that in June my brain is telling me it is november and will soon be xmas.

Glad its not just em then as its been feeling sept/oct here which is the time i loved most in the UK when the nights started drawing in & it was cold outside!

& christmas is defo best in the UK. We know how to have a good xmas party dont we everyone!!!
Old May 27th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megansmummy
Glad its not just em then as its been feeling sept/oct here which is the time i loved most in the UK when the nights started drawing in & it was cold outside!

& christmas is defo best in the UK. We know how to have a good xmas party dont we everyone!!!
We sure do! I actually used to dread xmas a little, dont get me wrong, I love the feeling of xmas and the way it is celebrated in the UK, but I'm crap at buying presents for people (typical bloke! lol). I'm so looking forward to a xmas in the UK now though, 40 degree's just isn't right at xmas, give me freezing cold and possible snow anyday!!
Old May 27th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Winter warmer in pubs and log fires and all such things. I dont even like the cold that much (well not the length of winters back home) but the thought of lovely crips mornings, frost, ahhh
Old May 27th 2007, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Winter warmer in pubs and log fires and all such things. I dont even like the cold that much (well not the length of winters back home) but the thought of lovely crips mornings, frost, ahhh

ooooh stopi it, its making me worse as ive a huge decision ahead of me!!

But your right, the thought of all that is soooooo tempting!!

Jude
Old May 27th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude
Sorry.
Old May 27th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Jude
Well good luck, it tool me a year to come to a final decision and our flights r booked for June, back to good old blighty. The summer, (heaven) then autumn with the crisp freshness of the air in the mornings, kicking the leaves as i take the dogs for a walk across the fields and please, please the snow for xmas would be lovely (I never thought i would ever say that as I am a sun worshipper). Going to the shopping centre, the hustle and bustle, cueing for a parking space, all the town and shops decorated, the sparkling lights on xmas trees, the children singing carols, the xmas parties at work and the childrens schools. The mince pies, xmas pud and brandy suace, not much I miss lol. Can't wait to celebrate a new year at home where we belong. Ahhhh!
Old May 27th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Well good luck, it tool me a year to come to a final decision and our flights r booked for June, back to good old blighty. The summer, (heaven) then autumn with the crisp freshness of the air in the mornings, kicking the leaves as i take the dogs for a walk across the fields and please, please the snow for xmas would be lovely (I never thought i would ever say that as I am a sun worshipper). Going to the shopping centre, the hustle and bustle, cueing for a parking space, all the town and shops decorated, the sparkling lights on xmas trees, the children singing carols, the xmas parties at work and the childrens schools. The mince pies, xmas pud and brandy suace, not much I miss lol. Can't wait to celebrate a new year at home where we belong. Ahhhh!
Ahh good for you.
Well done for getting to the decision. Walking dogs across the fields, autumnal leaves and colour....what a picture you paint
Old May 27th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

I miss all of that too!! Never thought I would but I certainly do!

Looking forward to it for once this year! 2 weeks on Tuesday til we go back, not that I'm counting!
Old May 27th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wafc
I miss all of that too!! Never thought I would but I certainly do!

Looking forward to it for once this year! 2 weeks on Tuesday til we go back, not that I'm counting!
Well please keep us posted as it would be nice to hear how u settle into the uk. There is due to be a housing price crash so that should help many of us, who have spent most of our equity on emigrating. Good Luck.
Old May 28th 2007, 12:21 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

There is due to be a housing price crash so that should help many of us, who have spent most of our equity on emigrating. Good Luck.
Where did you hear that? Be great if it happened.
Old May 28th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Well please keep us posted as it would be nice to hear how u settle into the uk. There is due to be a housing price crash so that should help many of us, who have spent most of our equity on emigrating. Good Luck.
Thanks, I will defo keep you all posted.

A friend of mine in the UK also said that there will probably be a price crash soon! Here's hoping its true cos we're first time buyers so we need all the help we can get!

PS - This is my 1,000'th post! lol. I always knew it would be a good one!
Old May 28th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wafc
Thanks, I will defo keep you all posted.

A friend of mine in the UK also said that there will probably be a price crash soon! Here's hoping its true cos we're first time buyers so we need all the help we can get!

PS - This is my 1,000'th post! lol. I always knew it would be a good one!
That'd be very handy for all of us planning on returning.
Old May 28th 2007, 2:46 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

That'd be very handy for all of us planning on returning.
Could also do with the exchange rate doing a nose dive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.