christmas in uk

Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:33 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: christmas in uk

Originally Posted by seasprite
No I live here now! (Not that I need respond to your peevish comments, but you seem awfully interested in something which doesn't concern you). Sorry Australia is not the paradise you think it is. Fortunately the world is full of different people who all appreciate different things..apart from the basics of course!
I laugh when people call this paradise it's nice but paradise it aint , they obviously have never been to paradise if they think this is it!!!

kezx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

No I live here now! (Not that I need respond to your peevish comments, but you seem awfully interested in something which doesn't concern you). Sorry Australia is not the paradise you think it is. Fortunately the world is full of different people who all appreciate different things..apart from the basics of course!
Doesn't concern me just interests me that's all. I don't recall saying Australia is not the paradise I think it is Am I not allowed to make any comments on this forum unless I am moving back, thinking of moving back or have moved back????????????????? I don't recall saying anyone is dumb or wrong, just asking out of interest why some people would want all the stress and financial burden of moving to the other side of the world and then hanker after their old life???? That's all
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jangle
Doesn't concern me just interests me that's all. I don't recall saying Australia is not the paradise I think it is Am I not allowed to make any comments on this forum unless I am moving back, thinking of moving back or have moved back????????????????? I don't recall saying anyone is dumb or wrong, just asking out of interest why some people would want all the stress and financial burden of moving to the other side of the world and then hanker after their old life???? That's all

How long have you been there?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

Two years
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:14 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Two years
So how come you want advice on spending the winter in Australia

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...87#post4712387

G
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:23 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

Busted!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

No, no I mean that it seems to distress you that people do not actually like Oz, or do like it but prefer the Uk, (or various other permetations)...hence it is perhaps not the "paradise" it is cracked up to be.
Sometimes you do something in life and hey, it doesn't quite work out...no one would choose that. You never know how things will turn out. I for one found out I was not the strong adventurer I once was 20 years ago! Anyway hope you will be all toasty soon! It is good for advice here isn't it!!

Last edited by seasprite; Apr 30th 2007 at 8:31 am. Reason: saw Graylings post! well done chuck
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:30 am
Bitter and twisted

No, no I mean that it seems to distress you that people do not actually like Oz, or do like it but prefer the Uk, (or various other permetations)...hence it is perhaps not the "paradise" it is cracked up to be.
Sometimes you do something in life and hey, it doesn't quite work out...no one would choose that. You never know how things will turn out. I for one found out I was the strong adventurer I once was 20 years ago!
I suspect that Jangle is also a new migrant who is having a bit of a 'wobble' and is trying to reassure him/her self that they have done the right thing.

....or maybe just trolling.

G
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that Jangle is also a new migrant who is having a bit of a 'wobble' and is trying to reassure him/her self that they have done the right thing.

G

I never think of those wobblers...it was so "black and white" for me! Ah well, she'll be right...
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

G

G
Silly me what I should have posted was has anyone spent the winter in NSW or anywhere colder than Brisbane in the winter and not just generalised. Only moved to this area since December as previously living in Brisbane in a nice rented apartment with ducted heating. Have now purchased a property that unfortuately does not have the same luxuries. So sorry for misleading you all and sorry to p**s on your fireworks. Suspect all you like, if I was a new migrant I would have no qualms about saying I was, why would I?? Is this post a bit like joining the masons?? Jeez you lot are touchy buggers aren't you
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Sometimes you do something in life and hey, it doesn't quite work out...no one would choose that. You never know how things will turn out. I for one found out I was not the strong adventurer I once was 20 years ago! Anyway hope you will be all toasty soon! It is good for advice here isn't it!!
Extremely
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Silly me what I should have posted was has anyone spent the winter in NSW or anywhere colder than Brisbane in the winter and not just generalised. Only moved to this area since December as previously living in Brisbane in a nice rented apartment with ducted heating. Have now purchased a property that unfortuately does not have the same luxuries. So sorry for misleading you all and sorry to p**s on your fireworks. Suspect all you like, if I was a new migrant I would have no qualms about saying I was, why would I?? Is this post a bit like joining the masons?? Jeez you lot are touchy buggers aren't you

Not very convincing I'm afraid.

Central coast temperatures are not much different to Brisbane.

You do not even seem to know how often you will get an electricity bill

G
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Not very convincing I'm afraid.

Central coast temperatures are not much different to Brisbane.

You do not even seem to know how often you will get an electricity bill

G
Thanks for the temp advice but you may need to check your facts or have you lived all over Australia??? No need to be convincing thanks, I am perfectly happy here and always have been. I have no desire to return to the UK no matter how many posts I read on here or other forums
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

You made a rod for your own back mate by coming out with stupid little comments like "Did you not do your research" etc. If you dont understand why people are having these feelings then fair enough but to be derogatory to people and say things like "did you not do your research" etc is just uncalled for and thats why people are annoyed with you.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Thanks for the temp advice but you may need to check your facts or have you lived all over Australia??? No need to be convincing thanks, I am perfectly happy here and always have been. I have no desire to return to the UK no matter how many posts I read on here or other forums
Well....now your 'credibility' is established

no doubt people will treat your posts with all the respect they deserve

Hope you get over your uncertainty soon....maybe it is homesickness.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.