christmas in uk

Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: christmas in uk

Originally Posted by Jangle
Shoot me down if you must but can't help but ask, why did you all move to oz in the first place??? Did you not do your research first??? Like, yes it is summer at xmas here so obviously going to be warm. I am really suprised by the things you "miss" from home. Did you not realise and take this into account when applying to live here??
And I'm really surprised you see the need to post here...

Haven't you found the Barbie yet?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:24 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

Does the Barbie do jacket potatoes in Aus, in summer? Well I never.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I got through christmas here with out any tears, knowing it was our last away from home
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would add this nice pic from home too, whilst its a christmassy one!
Attached Thumbnails christmas in uk-robin.jpg  
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:54 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Shoot me down if you must but can't help but ask, why did you all move to oz in the first place??? Did you not do your research first??? Like, yes it is summer at xmas here so obviously going to be warm. I am really suprised by the things you "miss" from home. Did you not realise and take this into account when applying to live here??
Why are you posting in moving back to the UK ??
Are you thinking of heading back too ??
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:04 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
What about you Davy, darling - thinking of heading back too?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

****, I knew I had forgotten to do something before we moved...
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Cos I can and no I'm not
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

Originally Posted by seasprite
****, I knew I had forgotten to do something before we moved...
Obviously! Talk of Christmas in April, you really must miss the UK. Each to there own I suppose.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira

Yes thanks. Didn't realise that unless I am desperate to return that I was not allowed to post here Wasn't slating anyone just asking a question
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Dont be so ridiculous, its statements like that from you which just show how narrow minded some people really are!

Of course everyone did their homework and knew that xmas in Oz would be in the summer!! But does that then stop people listing that as something which they miss and which they will now look forward to?

I for one can't wait for a UK xmas again and everything that goes with it, which people have already mentioned and mainly being with family.

We also knew about leaving family as well but thats not to say it doesn't affect you when you're in Oz.

What a stupid comment to make, if you can't understand that some people want to be back home and miss certain aspects of life in the UK then you need to start looking at things from a different perspective.

Last edited by wafc; Apr 30th 2007 at 2:09 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:38 am
Homebody

Yes thanks. Didn't realise that unless I am desperate to return that I was not allowed to post here Wasn't slating anyone just asking a question
This forum is for people who are seeking advice/help/support about (possibly) returning home. Most people posting here are in a difficult place - physically and/or emotionally. Telling them in effect that they were dumb to have moved abroad in the first place because they didn't do their homework (etc. etc) is *not* helpful.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wafc
Dont be so ridiculous, its statements like that from you which just show how narrow minded some people really are!

Of course everyone did their homework and knew that xmas in Oz would be in the summer!! But does that then stop people listing that as something which they miss and which they will now look forward to?

I for one can't wait for a UK xmas again and everything that goes with it, which people have already mentioned and mainly being with family.

We also knew about leaving family as well but thats not to say it doesn't affect you when you're in Oz.

What a stupid comment to make, if you can't understand that some people want to be back home and miss certain aspects of life in the UK then you need to start looking at things from a different perspective.
Mmmm narrow minded.........no I won't go there. I can understand that some people want to return home for whatever reasons they have, as not everyone will settle in a new country. We all know it costs us a fortune and that we all miss family and things we are used to. The reason I asked the question (without touching an obviously very raw nerve) is what did you expect when you were going through the visa process, selling your house, leaving your job, family etc? Obviously family is a massive pull and some people want to return due to family matters, health etc. but some of the posts on here go on about missing the UK and the "great" things about it. If our lives were so fantastic and the country so fantastic, why bother with all the upheaval of moving abroad in the first place?? So not a stupid comment in my eyes, just somewhat perplexed.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously! Talk of Christmas in April, you really must miss the UK. Each to there own I suppose.
No I live here now! (Not that I need respond to your peevish comments, but you seem awfully interested in something which doesn't concern you). Sorry Australia is not the paradise you think it is. Fortunately the world is full of different people who all appreciate different things..apart from the basics of course!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Jangle;4716705], why bother with all the upheaval of moving abroad in the first place?? ]

" because we could"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.