christmas in uk

Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default christmas in uk

moving back to the uk{scotland}in october this year,can't wait for christmas day in the uk,possibly snow and building snow men with my daughters,
really missed all that,sitting in 40 c with all the blinds closed and aircon on
just isn't for me,give me a cold snowy christmas anyday,also can't wait for
guy fawkes night.
a good old fashioned xmas beats a barbie on the beach anyday.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:03 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: christmas in uk

Originally Posted by fitz
can't wait for
guy fawkes night.
Ooooh yeah, the smell of bonfires and fireworks getting rugged up, drinking mugs of steaming hot soup. Oh, and jacket spuds in tin foil cooked in the bonfire...bliss!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Suffolk to Melbourne to Suffolk and back to Melbourne again!
cooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nice

moving back to the uk{scotland}in october this year,can't wait for christmas day in the uk,possibly snow and building snow men with my daughters,
guy fawkes night.

See you on the plane back, we leave on Oct 23rd, bound for East Anglia, guaranteed cold, rainy, windy, can't wait to get back, just waiting for our beloved cats to complete the PETS passport scheme requirements and we're outta here! Just think we may be back just in time to see the last of the autumn leaves on the trees and then get caught up in the Christmas madness, will so appreciate it this year!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cooksdownunder
See you on the plane back, we leave on Oct 23rd, bound for East Anglia, guaranteed cold, rainy, windy, can't wait to get back, just waiting for our beloved cats to complete the PETS passport scheme requirements and we're outta here! Just think we may be back just in time to see the last of the autumn leaves on the trees and then get caught up in the Christmas madness, will so appreciate it this year!

Autumn leaf kicking was one of the things on my original "for and against" list ! Christmas was shite this year (in oz), truly the worst ever, despite trying really really hard. Ahhh, except it did rain and I swam in the sea in the rain. That felt great, like a Uk summer hol! Good luck with your returns everyone
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe your flight back to the UK is the date we moved here last year, am going back on the 18th of June, ending up putting dog in quarenteen for 3 weeks though.

We too are headed to the great East Anglia.

I really missed bonfire night last year and of course good old Christmas day with my parents round for dinner, playing scrabble after eating and that traditional Christmas day walk to work the pudding off.

Cant wait for autumn I love it.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

guy fawkes night.
Oh yeah!!!!! how i miss a cold Xmas.

How i never thought i would say that
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:27 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

I miss people actually enjoying Christmas because they want some sort of celebration to brighten their winter. Everyone is just too laid back here. I grew up here and even with my childhood memories of an Australian Christmas I still enjoy UK Christmases more. Christmas in Australia is for kids only in the UK everyone gets in the spirit.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:50 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

guy fawkes night.
Christmas was the turning point for us, so lonely just the four of us, and we also sat inside with the blinds shut eating cold cuts because I was too hot and depressed to cook! Couldn't even have the tree lights on because it made the room too hot, how unchristmassy is that?

We too are returning soon and I can't wait for a proper christmas. My sister txted me today and said "Cilla" from corrie is appearing as the wicked queen in snow white at our local theatres pantomime this year, "oh no she isn't"
All together now " oh yes she is!"

I can't bloody wait!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Christmas here is just not right. In the UK, I love the build up to it more than the event itself. The whole Christmas shopping round crowded shops, lugging your bags filled with goodies back to the car to find it covered in a light frost! The Christingle night at church where all the kiddies sing carols and I get a lump in my throat. For it to get dark at 4pm and see the tree lights twinkling in houses.....oh I miss it.

Here it's just another day in the stinking heat, let's go to the beach for a chage shall we? Oh and let's have a bloody barbi! FFS!!!!!!!!!

I can't even put the Christmas c.d's on whilst I put the tree together. I just get too sad.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:18 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Christmas here is just not right. In the UK, I love the build up to it more than the event itself. The whole Christmas shopping round crowded shops, lugging your bags filled with goodies back to the car to find it covered in a light frost! The Christingle night at church where all the kiddies sing carols and I get a lump in my throat. For it to get dark at 4pm and see the tree lights twinkling in houses.....oh I miss it.

Here it's just another day in the stinking heat, let's go to the beach for a chage shall we? Oh and let's have a bloody barbi! FFS!!!!!!!!!

I can't even put the Christmas c.d's on whilst I put the tree together. I just get too sad.
I grew up with a hot Christmas in Australia and I still believe a cold Christmas is better!! I remember our front room in the UK all decked out with REAL holly and the fire blazing. Beats a BBQ anyday!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alicecat
I grew up with a hot Christmas in Australia and I still believe a cold Christmas is better!! I remember our front room in the UK all decked out with REAL holly and the fire blazing. Beats a BBQ anyday!
Even a cold Christmas is no fun if the faily is not there. It is one of the major things we are looking forward to. Christmas at Mum's house with apple pie for dessert (never have been one for the pudding) followed by a walk in the wood and then home to play lots of games.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

cooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nicecooksdownunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by loopylorns
Hehe your flight back to the UK is the date we moved here last year, am going back on the 18th of June, ending up putting dog in quarenteen for 3 weeks though.

We too are headed to the great East Anglia.

I really missed bonfire night last year and of course good old Christmas day with my parents round for dinner, playing scrabble after eating and that traditional Christmas day walk to work the pudding off.

Cant wait for autumn I love it.

Good luck going back, where abouts are you headed in East Anglia? We are off to North Suffolk, my husband's from Ipswich so all family and friends there but we have always lived out in the rural areas of Suffolk,much too early to look I know but have been looking at the rental properties already! Everyone is mentioning the walk after Xmas dinner, my favourite part of xmas day, can't wait!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:48 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys it's only April - what's all this talk of Christmas? I'm bloody skint you know after spending last year in Oz. It's scaring the pants off me even thinking about having to buy any pressies. Good job I start work on Monday
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Think the christmas thing started as there are a few of us heading back later in the year and I expect we're all thinking we'll be back for Christmas, something to aim for!! Don't worry about present buying, do what we have been doing for a couple of years, go out or stay in for meals/drinks with family and friends and get the Oxfam booklet for buying something really worthwhile and all club together and get a few of these things! for example medical kits, school desks etc. I "got" a toilet and a goat last year! Nice to think somewhere someone else's otherwise difficult life may just be slightly better. Much nicer then getting the toiletries set, socks etc. We all then bought each other a gift of no more than a few pounds so still had something to open and all had just as good a time!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

Think the christmas thing started as there are a few of us heading back later in the year and I expect we're all thinking we'll be back for Christmas, something to aim for!! Don't worry about present buying, do what we have been doing for a couple of years, go out or stay in for meals/drinks with family and friends and get the Oxfam booklet for buying something really worthwhile and all club together and get a few of these things! for example medical kits, school desks etc. I "got" a toilet and a goat last year! Nice to think somewhere someone else's otherwise difficult life may just be slightly better. Much nicer then getting the toiletries set, socks etc. We all then bought each other a gift of no more than a few pounds so still had something to open and all had just as good a time!
Shoot me down if you must but can't help but ask, why did you all move to oz in the first place??? Did you not do your research first??? Like, yes it is summer at xmas here so obviously going to be warm. I am really suprised by the things you "miss" from home. Did you not realise and take this into account when applying to live here??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.