Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Christians get on my tits (at work)

Christians get on my tits (at work)

Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:58 am
  #76  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,455
Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Mallory
I was just agreeing with your statement? No point.
Oh OK then.
Sally is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:31 am
  #77  
Bugger Off!
Thread Starter
 
Silly Sod's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,858
Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You don't need to explain. A mere comparison of the styles suffices to differentiate. To say nothing of the content.....
True. But If I didn't say so the missus would be super pissed
Silly Sod is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:31 am
  #78  
Homebody
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: HOME
Posts: 23,174
Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
True. But If I didn't say so the missus would be super pissed
And who can blame her!

Elvira is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:38 am
  #79  
Bugger Off!
Thread Starter
 
Silly Sod's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,858
Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Mallory
When you consider that many of the foreign tourists go to the UK to explore the the old country churches, the cathedrals and abbeys, it makes you wonder why they would be bolted shut, vandalised and demolished. Shame really.
Well, I am not talking about 11th century churches in Cornwall or The Cotswalds here, I am talking about 16th century churches in deepest darkest inner city Manchester. Not many tourists stop where I grew up, though a close friend of Lady Di did ask directions a few years ago and had her handbag stolen from her Discovery. Oh, how we did larf
Silly Sod is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:30 pm
  #80  
In the pink
 
Mallory's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,324
Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Well, I am not talking about 11th century churches in Cornwall or The Cotswalds here, I am talking about 16th century churches in deepest darkest inner city Manchester. Not many tourists stop where I grew up, though a close friend of Lady Di did ask directions a few years ago and had her handbag stolen from her Discovery. Oh, how we did larf
Yes, I know what you are saying. I feel that a church should be sacrosanct, and that children should be brought up to know this. Something is going very wrong these days.

I grew up away from the big cities, and when I go back I spend most of my time in Glos and Cornwall, the areas of the country that you mentioned. I have never been to Manchester.

Here is where my parents are buried (church has been sold).

http://www.boba-beachley.org.uk/echo...10-may2004.pdf

Here is the local C/E church, school, and church cottage where I lived in my childhood. It is 1/4 mile from my childhood home. Yes, JKR went to my school. Spooky! She lived in that cottage, and one of the boys in my class lived there before she did.

http://home.freeuk.net/webbuk2/harrypotter.htm
Mallory is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:37 pm
  #81  
Bugger Off!
Thread Starter
 
Silly Sod's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,858
Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Mallory
Yes, I know what you are saying. I feel that a church should be sacrosanct, and that children should be brought up to know this. Something is going very wrong these days.

I grew up away from the big cities, and when I go back I spend most of my time in Glos and Cornwall, the areas of the country that you mentioned. I have never been to Manchester.

Here is where my parents are buried (church has been sold).

http://www.boba-beachley.org.uk/echo...10-may2004.pdf

Here is the local C/E church, school, and church cottage where I lived in my childhood. It is 1/4 mile from my childhood home. Yes, JKR went to my school. Spooky! She lived in that cottage, and one of the boys in my class lived there before she did.

http://home.freeuk.net/webbuk2/harrypotter.htm

It's very pretty. I went to a nice one years ago in cornwall - not to worship, I am not much of a believer I'm afraid. I can;t remember where it was but it was maybe 11th century and right on a cliff edge - erosion may have seen it off by now for all I know. Anyway, it was called St Jennys and I have never forgotten it. I was amazed because it was open and there was nobody at all there, not even a vicar or anything and there was money lying around. I mean, you could take a souvineer and just leave the money on a plate. I didn't steal the money of course but when I got home, if anybody asked, I always swore I did ha ha. Erm....it was that kind of neighbourhood
Silly Sod is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:03 pm
  #82  
In the pink
 
Mallory's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,324
Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

That's a nice story. I love Cornwall.

My grandparents are buried in that graveyard too, and I used to go there as a child to put flowers on the grave with my mum. It was usually knee deep in grass, brambles, etc. Over the wall, between the church and the Army camp, was a cemetery for German POW. Grass all manicured and beautiful, looked like it had been trimmed with a pair of scissors.
Mallory is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:11 pm
  #83  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: UK-Indonesia-US
Posts: 1,828
Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Mallory
That's a nice story. I love Cornwall.

My grandparents are buried in that graveyard too, and I used to go there as a child to put flowers on the grave with my mum. It was usually knee deep in grass, brambles, etc. Over the wall, between the church and the Army camp, was a cemetery for German POW. Grass all manicured and beautiful, looked like it had been trimmed with a pair of scissors.
The most amazing Church I have ever been to was in a really sh*tty part of Northhampton, all around it were vile 1960's shopping developments but it stood there proudly. Most of the nave was Saxon it was very beautiful and moving.
Shame it was no longer used and there were a fair few people sleeping rough in and around it and Mum would have to go and befriend a smack head who was only after a bit of cash but she wouldnt believe me.... .

I agree with you on the sacrosanct.
</IMG>
Adnams is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2007, 5:29 am
  #84  
Bugger Off!
Thread Starter
 
Silly Sod's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,858
Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Adnams
The most amazing Church I have ever been to was in a really sh*tty part of Northhampton, all around it were vile 1960's shopping developments but it stood there proudly. Most of the nave was Saxon it was very beautiful and moving.
Shame it was no longer used and there were a fair few people sleeping rough in and around it and Mum would have to go and befriend a smack head who was only after a bit of cash but she wouldnt believe me.... .

I agree with you on the sacrosanct.
</IMG>
Amazing!! Where me and my USC wife lived in Salford there was a church next to a pub surrounded by other pubs and cheap crappy freezerland type shops. It was in part of Salford, Greater Mnchester, called Eccles; yes, where Eccles Cakes were born. Anyhoo, I had walked past this church on my way to the pub next door a hundred thousand times or so and never noticed it. It was just a church with graffittii and never open even on a sunday (at least not by the time I got to the pub at 1.00pm). My american wife, with her usual american curiosity for all things older than two weeks, read the stonework and was amazed to find that this building, in the middle of a shitty 'hood', was actually almost 900 years old. So, just shows you really. Nosey bleedin americans
Silly Sod is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:31 pm
  #85  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: UK-Indonesia-US
Posts: 1,828
Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Amazing!! Where me and my USC wife lived in Salford there was a church next to a pub surrounded by other pubs and cheap crappy freezerland type shops. It was in part of Salford, Greater Mnchester, called Eccles; yes, where Eccles Cakes were born. Anyhoo, I had walked past this church on my way to the pub next door a hundred thousand times or so and never noticed it. It was just a church with graffittii and never open even on a sunday (at least not by the time I got to the pub at 1.00pm). My american wife, with her usual american curiosity for all things older than two weeks, read the stonework and was amazed to find that this building, in the middle of a shitty 'hood', was actually almost 900 years old. So, just shows you really. Nosey bleedin americans
Thats why we love Blighty, all that history right there under our noses. Its like Lincoln, on the high street there are remains of Roman pillars right there in the road and the roman archway still stands that was party of the city walls. Any they're well over 900 years old! Makes one feel pround 'eh!
Unlinke this bomb thing in London last night that really get my goat to put it politely.
Adnams is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:47 pm
  #86  
Bugger Off!
Thread Starter
 
Silly Sod's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,858
Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Adnams
Unlinke this bomb thing in London last night that really get my goat to put it politely.
And possibly another one in cheshire!!
Silly Sod is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:34 pm
  #87  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: UK-Indonesia-US
Posts: 1,828
Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
And possibly another one in cheshire!!
Really I havent heard that and I've had BBC radio four on since I got up at 6am est???
Adnams is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:04 pm
  #88  
Maño-Americano
 
ironporer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: In the heart of the Ozarks
Posts: 10,216
ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Not to quibble or look for a fight...but it seems to me that your grudge is against HYPOCRITES or perhaps hypocritical church goers. Not really fair to paint all Christians with the same broad brush.
ironporer is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:23 am
  #89  
Sursum corda
 
cindyabs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Richmond Hill, GA USA
Posts: 38,860
cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by ironporer
Not to quibble or look for a fight...but it seems to me that your grudge is against HYPOCRITES or perhaps hypocritical church goers. Not really fair to paint all Christians with the same broad brush.
Yes indeed hypocrites, Seems often the more they blat the more they have to hide.
cindyabs is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:48 am
  #90  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,266
TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yes indeed hypocrites, Seems often the more they blat the more they have to hide.
Agreed.
TouristTrap is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.