chocked up today

Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default chocked up today

In all this returning stuff I forgot how my best mate in Brisbane feels about us going home havent rang her for a week so rang today, dunno who cried more me or her even tho shes over the other side I still miss her and to be honest feels like shes just up the road.....I know she would love us to move there and we was going too, but all in all its too late now I just wanna go home, but I am gonna really miss her too, life can be crap at times....

(Sorry having a frustrating and teary day today
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:56 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chocked up today

Oh sweetie, big ((((((HUG)))))) from me.

All so darn emotional isn't it? I hope that house sells quickly and you can just get on with living again.

Keep your chin up.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:19 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
In all this returning stuff I forgot how my best mate in Brisbane feels about us going home havent rang her for a week so rang today, dunno who cried more me or her even tho shes over the other side I still miss her and to be honest feels like shes just up the road.....I know she would love us to move there and we was going too, but all in all its too late now I just wanna go home, but I am gonna really miss her too, life can be crap at times....

Hi Kath - I left two really good Aussie friends back in Perth - it was hard to say goodbye as they were with me and supported me through all my hard times over there - BUT we still speak and email lots.

Goodbyes and leaving anywhere is always hard and no matter how much you wanna come home tears and sadness are inevitable - I expect the tears are not just about leaving your friend in Brissy but also about the whole emotional rollercoaster of leaving Oz and the life you have established there and the thought of starting a new life back in the UK - all perfectly normal - I remember going through it so well.

Keep your pecker up chuck and I'm sending positive thoughts regarding your house selling within the next week!!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Kath

Just wanted to send you big hugs. Saying bye to friends you've made here is really horrible & emotional and is all mixed up with leaving here.
The saying bye is the hardest bit.
After saying bye to my friends 'up north' who keep ringing asking if I've changed my mind, I went to see other friends who I've known for 7 years now and am now with my oldest friend from the UK in Melbourne. Its making it harder to leave as we moved here not that far apart. It really is cack tbh, lucky to have mates here n in UK but hard as you'll miss people wherever.
My friend here was asking me today whats in the UK that I dont have here.
Moving plays with other peoples feelings so much as well as our own, not just families but friends.
Hope you feel better soon and remember webcams are great.
I try to focus on the fact I've made some lovely new friends rather than how much I'll miss them (when I'm being positive)
Good luck
xxxx
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Kath

Just wanted to send you big hugs. Saying bye to friends you've made here is really horrible & emotional and is all mixed up with leaving here.
The saying bye is the hardest bit.
After saying bye to my friends 'up north' who keep ringing asking if I've changed my mind, I went to see other friends who I've known for 7 years now and am now with my oldest friend from the UK in Melbourne. Its making it harder to leave as we moved here not that far apart. It really is cack tbh, lucky to have mates here n in UK but hard as you'll miss people wherever.
My friend here was asking me today whats in the UK that I dont have here.
Moving plays with other peoples feelings so much as well as our own, not just families but friends.
Hope you feel better soon and remember webcams are great.
I try to focus on the fact I've made some lovely new friends rather than how much I'll miss them (when I'm being positive)
Good luck
xxxx

All so very true I have a couple of really good friends here in Perth one ozzie one English, blimey thats gonna be hard as well, but cos Im here with them at the mo I forget Im gonna be leaving them!!!

I must admit you do not realise how attached you can become to people in a short space of time and even though I really wanna go home, I do feel guilty and will miss them so much!!!

but your right webcams are a great thing and I know that we will probably see them gain (not like my elderley father etc back in UK)... have to keep the spare bed made up, just in case
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

All so very true I have a couple of really good friends here in Perth one ozzie one English, blimey thats gonna be hard as well, but cos Im here with them at the mo I forget Im gonna be leaving them!!!

I must admit you do not realise how attached you can become to people in a short space of time and even though I really wanna go home, I do feel guilty and will miss them so much!!!

but your right webcams are a great thing and I know that we will probably see them gain (not like my elderley father etc back in UK)... have to keep the spare bed made up, just in case
Make sure you enjoy your friends as much as possible whilst you're still here.
Your right, it is amazing how attached you can become to people in a relatively short space of time. How exciting the thought of friends from here coming to UK though - a quick jaunt to Europe, days out in UK etc.
Tis part of migrating the leaving friends isnt it - although it is really hard saying byes, better to have them as friends and have to go through the sad bit than not have them as friends
good luck
xxx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:29 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

oh kath, its so hard isnt it... when do u leave? we are back in sunny shropshire! weather been brill! its worth it, i think??!!

mand
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Not home, cant sell house, now daughter admant she aint coming with us, I am being pulled in all directions here feel really low at the moment....

So glad you are setled back honme, watched Back to the Country the other night on Shropshire, it looks so lovely!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:07 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Not home, cant sell house, now daughter admant she aint coming with us, I am being pulled in all directions here feel really low at the moment....

So glad you are setled back honme, watched Back to the Country the other night on Shropshire, it looks so lovely!!!!

oh that sounds so stressful what are you going to do? will you bring her home with you or leave her there?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

She wont talk about it, even her Dad in the UK is about to try and get her to see sense. We just want her to come back for even just a year and then decided, I really dont want her to stay here, we dont have a great network of people that can look after her, and its soo far away if anything goes wrong, yes in hindsight wish we never come, but we did and now we just wanna go home and she is really digging her heels in, any suggestions would be welcome... she wants to go to Uni here, I want her to do it back in Uk, where we can support her more and she can then do what she wants, shes thinks we are gonna get her back and make her stay there!!! never would we do that thats why we got citizenship, so we can come and go as we all please, but you try telling a 17 year old that.. Im soo bloody frustrated, things have changed so much for us since being here.... God whats a girl to do

If anyone has had this situation I would be sooo pleased for help.....

Anyone ................
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:08 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

She wont talk about it, even her Dad in the UK is about to try and get her to see sense. We just want her to come back for even just a year and then decided, I really dont want her to stay here, we dont have a great network of people that can look after her, and its soo far away if anything goes wrong, yes in hindsight wish we never come, but we did and now we just wanna go home and she is really digging her heels in, any suggestions would be welcome... she wants to go to Uni here, I want her to do it back in Uk, where we can support her more and she can then do what she wants, shes thinks we are gonna get her back and make her stay there!!! never would we do that thats why we got citizenship, so we can come and go as we all please, but you try telling a 17 year old that.. Im soo bloody frustrated, things have changed so much for us since being here.... God whats a girl to do

If anyone has had this situation I would be sooo pleased for help.....

Anyone ................
Unfortunately you may have to accept that you will have to leave her behind - hard I know . Its the biggest downside of the education system here (IMO), the fact they finish school so young. My eldest will still be 16 when she finishes year 12 (turns 17 mid December)- no way mature enough for uni but will be going with her peers.
I hope you come to some compramise with your daughter -girls are so tough to parent at that age.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Evil is the word, i think!!

I will keep you all posted..

Thanks guys
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:18 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Evil is the word, i think!!

I will keep you all posted..

Thanks guys
I can't believe that I was as horrible as my teenage daughter is!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Mm maybe yours and ours should get together!!!!

When are you heading back??
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:41 am
sme
......in the sand !

Mm maybe yours and ours should get together!!!!

When are you heading back??
I'm not heading back but can empathise with how your feeling esp. with regard to teenage daughters!!!!!
I think I'm lucky with how we've settled so far thats not to say things won't change so never say never!