Wikiposts

Chippenham, Wiltshire

Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road
Smile Chippenham, Wiltshire

Anyone have any info on the area, is it a nice place to live, is there any industry ,jobs in the area.
Would older kids (18ish) get easily bored.
Are the any decent pubs, places to eat, entertainment.
Dont need schools, but a small town friendly place is what we are looking for, we used to live in the south east but that looks a bit pricey for us now!
Hope somone knows the area, any advice/info will be great
Old Mar 8th 2012, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chippenham, Wiltshire

Don't know about jobs (probably same issues as everywhere else in the UK) but the Guardian did an article on Chippenham just last month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ippenham-wilts
Old Mar 8th 2012, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank You
Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I was there briefly the summer before last. My Sil picks me up from the main line station when I go to visit them in Malmesbury. It`s surrounded by the Cotswold country villages, so plenty of places for a day out. On the main line to Swindon and London. If I was a teenager my priority for just about anywhere would be "how easy is it to get out of here?" As the article says it`s near Bath. On the whole it looks a good choice!

Last edited by jemima55; Mar 9th 2012 at 6:35 am.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jemmima,
I agree will defo take alook when we get there in April
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Alberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really niceAlberta_Gal is just really nice

We go to Chippenham a lot as DH's family live there. It's a lovely town, commutable to Swindon, Bristol and Bath so lots of opportunities for work. It's lovely countryside. Probably not very exciting for 18 year olds but then London is only 1hr and 15 mins away by train (at an exorbitant price of course!).
Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

I have a friend who lives at Lacock (NT owns a lot of the village). She lived in Lincolnshire all her life till about 6 years ago. Loves the area. I have visited many times and I like it too. Lots going on in the area, some very pretty villages. Easy access to Bristol, Bath and London.

Not sure about the job market although she and her husband found jobs okay.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for all the replys, we are going to take a good look in the area as it sounds like what we are looking for