Reload this Page >

child imigrants who want to return

child imigrants who want to return

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:56 am
Banned

TonyLondon22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: child imigrants who want to return

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Where about's in Adelaide are you,we are in the hills.....but I know the North is even hotter
.....As we used to say in London...."B****r that for a game of soldiers
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Where about's in Adelaide are you,we are in the hills.....but I know the North is even hotter
We're in the south. 40 degrees today. Sweating your balls off the moment you get out of bed.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

ukaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am glad I'm not mad this feeling of home does tear you apart. I was wondering what sort of response I would get from this post.
My brothers would never return, I guess they never made the attachment as they were younger, I had started school and had stronger relationships with grandparents and family, my brothers never had that.
And Yes returning is very scary when you are older and have other problems to contend with. But I guess you have to try and fail or live with never knowing. which is harder?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

davispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud of

UKaussie, I also have a younger brother and he's thoroughly American...he was six when we emigrated and never was interested in returning. I was from the very beginning, and jumped at the chance to live with my grandparents in London when I was 12-14yo. I regretted coming back at age 14 for years but if I had, I wouldn't have met the lovely friends I have and my sweet hubby. My plot is to get hubby and friends to move to England with me. So far, they're going for it. We'll see what happens when push comes to shove and we actually are moving.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

HotFLM will become famous soon enough

Hi ukassie. This is my first time also.
Firstly, let me say thank you for starting this topic. A few of the replys have brought tears to my eyes. I so miss the place.
My family immigrated to Australia when I was two, we then moved to PNG for 10 years and then back here to Oz.
I'm 33 years old single and live with the love of my life, my Dog in Cairns, QLD.
Like you, there is this unexplainable feeling to move back to the UK, a void in my life that needs to be filled. I of course have been back many times to see family and friends over the years and I agree, there is only one England and nothing else here in OZ comes close. I miss the people, places, the smells and especially those grey rainy days. I'm heading over for a month this August and am looking at moving lock stock and barrel next year. All I can say to you, is do it! I know there is a lot to do, but I truly believe that it will all be worth it. Best of British luck to you.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

davispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud ofdavispigeon has much to be proud of

So are any of you other child imigrants making plans to move back? My American hubby said a few years ago (after visiting England once!) that he wants to retire there. He is eligible to retire in about three and a half years! So now I just wait.
Anyone else?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HotFLM
Hi ukassie. This is my first time also.
Firstly, let me say thank you for starting this topic. A few of the replys have brought tears to my eyes. I so miss the place.
My family immigrated to Australia when I was two, we then moved to PNG for 10 years and then back here to Oz.
I'm 33 years old single and live with the love of my life, my Dog in Cairns, QLD.
Like you, there is this unexplainable feeling to move back to the UK, a void in my life that needs to be filled. I of course have been back many times to see family and friends over the years and I agree, there is only one England and nothing else here in OZ comes close. I miss the people, places, the smells and especially those grey rainy days. I'm heading over for a month this August and am looking at moving lock stock and barrel next year.
Bear in mind that many people in your situation do end up wanting to return to Australia. If you're not a citizen and abandon your permanent resident status, this then becomes a serious problem.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

HotFLM will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Bear in mind that many people in your situation do end up wanting to return to Australia. If you're not a citizen and abandon your permanent resident status, this then becomes a serious problem.
This is a risk that I am willing to take - nothing ventured, nothing gained!
I do have dual citizenship, so I'm covered for what ever may eventuate.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:16 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davispigeon
So are any of you other child imigrants making plans to move back? My American hubby said a few years ago (after visiting England once!) that he wants to retire there. He is eligible to retire in about three and a half years! So now I just wait.
Anyone else?
Came to Aust as a ten year old,[1962] and never been back, even for a Holiday, and have no desire to.
When i left high school i went out and worked for a fencing contractor in the middle of the Nullabore plain, this experience sold me on wonders of Australia and the toughness of its people,[Outside of the citys that is]
The village we lived in ,in Dorset[ milton Abbas] is out of the reach all but the rich now According to my cousin who visited 2 years ago, most of the thatched cottages being bought up by london stock brokers, who have pushed up prices throughout the country side......................mm
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:46 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was 8 when we moved from England to Australia. I remember being very homesick and every night praying to god that we'd go back to England. I got over that within a year and started to accept Australia, although I never truly fitted in with the other kids at school (but then, that might have just been me....not the country)

I always identified with British people, loved all things British and couldn't wait to get back there someday! Finally went back for the 1st time when I was 21. Went again when I was 23 and then finally moved back there when I was 24! I stayed for 7 years (mainly because my fiance was British) and I always yearned for Australia - for my family and friends mainly (I still love England).

I moved back Nov 2006 and was homesick for England for about 2 months but now, I am settling in - planning a wedding, joined a gym and weight watchers, have a job etc etc. Plenty to moan about, but that's life!

I always think 'Is the ache inside me from missing England, as big as the ache inside I had when I was missing Australia?' right now, no....so I know I made the right decision.