Reload this Page >

cheapest way to ship a vehicle from Vancouver to UK

Wikiposts

cheapest way to ship a vehicle from Vancouver to UK

Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

MDGreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheapest way to ship a vehicle from Vancouver to UK

Has anyone any experience of shipping their vehicle back to the UK using either RORO or container shipments, I am trying to find the cheapest method to ship my ancient VW Van. Thanks in anticipation. Greasy fingers
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:28 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheapest way to ship a vehicle from Vancouver to UK

The cheapest way to do it would be to take it to the rail head for direct loading onto the train, it's then taken to the port.

I seem to think it will be shipped from Halifax (Our belongings when we came, came via Halifax, was transported by train to Vancouver and then driven to Red Deer).

When we shipped my old Expedition back to the UK we drove it to the rail head in Edmonton and saved a couple of grand. I would give you contact details but the company went bust, it was out of the US though.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

MDGreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: cheapest way to ship a vehicle from Vancouver to UK

Thanks for the tip PiffPoff I shall look into it, maybe there are existing firms that provide the same service. Are you in Alberta or back in the UK?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:36 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheapest way to ship a vehicle from Vancouver to UK

Originally Posted by MDGreen
Thanks for the tip PiffPoff I shall look into it, maybe there are existing firms that provide the same service. Are you in Alberta or back in the UK?
We're in Alberta, no plans for going back, but we have shipped a car back - Stepdad bought it from us.