Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

chasing the dream creates superficial happiness

chasing the dream creates superficial happiness

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chasing the dream creates superficial happiness

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Well same will apply to you i bet , i always remember my dad rest his soul he told me once . he said " Pete remember this ! keep your friends close and your enemies closer !" i said what you mean Dad ? he said " because it will be who you think are your friends who will drop you like a brick if it suits them "

And he is right , so dont rest your faith in friends ..
Yes that can happen and dose, but dont give up trying to find the good in people, you sound so bitter.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a few clues , indeed i have cracked the case
haha no BP don't fool yourself, if the truth were known you don't have one clue let alone a few and the only case you have cracked is your suitcase so go and get it packed and i wish you all the best as you head off into the sunset
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:46 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Yes that can happen and dose, but dont give up trying to find the good in people, you sound so bitter.
There is a few i know but trust me , lots will drop you in it for financial gain as quick as wink at you ..

I am not bitter as such , annoyed at being stuck in Uk yep not bitter though

Just say things as i see them , sometimes you have to ..
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:48 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
haha no BP don't fool yourself, if the truth were known you don't have one clue let alone a few and the only case you have cracked is your suitcase so go and get it packed and i wish you all the best as you head off into the sunset
If someone would buy my house i would be , but the Uk house markets flat as a skinny girls chest
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

There is a few i know but trust me , lots will drop you in it for financial gain as quick as wink at you ..

so true that's why you have to weed the good ones out. they are out there for sure and i for one have lots of good sincere friends made up over the years and i am so grateful to have them
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I do know that True enough. But answer me this whats stopping you from going to Spain then ? Sorry just read your reply in another post.

Last edited by britvic; Jul 23rd 2007 at 9:54 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:52 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah like Billy Baxter needed to.Give him a break he needs to unload.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:53 pm
Banned

so true that's why you have to weed the good ones out. they are out there for sure and i for one have lots of good sincere friends made up over the years and i am so grateful to have them
Make sure you keep em close
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

If someone would buy my house i would be , but the Uk house markets flat as a skinny girls chest
you haven't been looking BP...the skinny girls of this world like victoria beckham have rather large chests
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:55 pm
Banned

you haven't been looking BP...the skinny girls of this world like victoria beckham have rather large chests
Maybe but the one i dated once didnt

Thats what made me angry maybe ?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Yeah like Billy Baxter needed to.Give him a break he needs to unload.
Thats a fair point .. hmmmm ok
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:58 pm

Thats a fair point .. hmmmm ok

Just feel he's hurtin.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Just feel he's hurtin.
You have been in France to long you got all soft ?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:06 pm

You have been in France to long you got all soft ?

Um I must admit you are probably totally right It does have that effect, Im so laid back I fall over ever such a lot
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:10 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Funny but I kind of get where Pete is coming from here.

I can totally see why people miss family, especially sons and daughters, mums and dads but I can also understand Petes views on being independent.

Even close family can let you down. Iv'e been very let down by family who I thought cared about us, but in truth they only ever really cared about themselves, so we've built a barrier round ourselves now.

It can make you feel differently when you've been hurt by people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.