Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Change of lifestyle or just bored with what you've got?

Change of lifestyle or just bored with what you've got?

Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of lifestyle or just bored with what you've got?

Change of lifestyle - in 3 words.

We moved to Australia and got the change of lifestyle we wanted. We could have had a downsized version in the UK but felt there would be too many compromises.

I've had people comment that we have the lifestyle they wished they had found in Australia, or thought it would be, and had dreamt about before going - even though, unfortunately, like some people here, they didn't quite find it.

cheers
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:36 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Compare me in Australian March 2004 and me in England January 2006 - still the same person, learned a little more about "ME" but find myself still doing the same routines, living the same life to a certain degree with the same issues. I am a more content though, which is good.

Now I understand this is how it is whatever happens next and I don't necessarily have to move to another place/country to do this

It is all within me.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I really never got the change to get bored..we moved 7 times in 12 years in 4 different countries....which Belgium being to worst.
I'm just looking forward to settle down and have the boring routine...
I guess we would be prime candidates to emigrate to OZ or somewere else, becouse we used to getting about and have no real friends to miss....but I just want to go to the UK and take my chances there and for the kids..they never lived in their home country..how sad is that

Last edited by eurotramp; Jan 14th 2006 at 9:57 am.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:41 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Change of lifestyle or just bored with what you've got?

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright

We moved to Australia and got the change of lifestyle we wanted. We could have had a downsized version in the UK but felt there would be too many compromises.

I've had people comment that we have the lifestyle they wished they had found in Australia, or thought it would be, and had dreamt about before going - even though, unfortunately, like some people here, they didn't quite find it.

cheers
You came from Ruislip too didn't you TNQR?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:22 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright

cheers
Well done, glad you found what you were hoping and looking for. Well done, it can be done.