Reload this Page >

Certification of documents

Certification of documents

Old Jan 4th 2023, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Gracefoundme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certification of documents

Hello,

Please I need to get photocopies of my school documents certified, as well as get signature certified on a document. They are to enable need further my studies within the UK. I have called several solicitors around and within Portsmouth, UK but the prices I am been given are over £300. I can't afford such amount.

Please does anyone know where or who can help me out at a cheaper price? It's urgent please. Thank you.

Last edited by Gracefoundme; Jan 4th 2023 at 1:32 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2023, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification of documents

Hi, welcome to BE.

What do you need it for? I'd imagine any solicitor will be a similar price, but if you can give people more info they may be able to suggest another way of doing it.
Old Jan 4th 2023, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

I need to submit the certificate copies to a professional regulatory bodies to further my studies within the UK.
Old Jan 4th 2023, 4:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gracefoundme
I need to submit the certificate copies to a professional regulatory bodies to further my studies within the UK.
Ah. This is a forum aimed at British Expats, so most people need to get documents certified for visa apps or similar, I'm not sure many people will know if there is an alternative for UK regulatory bodies. Probably the best thing to do is ask the regulatory bodies if they will accept them certified by somebody else i.e. a notary? It may also be worth checking if they'd accept this - https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

HTH, good luck.
Old Jan 5th 2023, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Oh yes. Those allowed to certify my documents are solicitor, notary, or a commissioner for oaths.
Old Jan 5th 2023, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh yes. Those allowed to certify my documents are solicitor, notary, or a commissioner for oaths.
OK but you've tried all those? I don't see any other option then unfortunately.

Good luck with it.
Old Jan 8th 2023, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

Are these the only people allowed to certify the documents? What about the Post Office, much cheaper:

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/identit...-certification

Accountants, amongst others, are often able to as well, and you may find a sole practitioner accountant will cost less than £300, given that it should be a 5 minute job to review and sign a few papers.

I did once use a solicitor, i don't recall the cost for the 30-odd seconds it took him to sign the paper, but far less than £300. Look for a small solicitor's office, not a big practice.